Linen modified Haekelbeutel

magiccrochetfan

I just finished this bag in Louet Euroflax sportweight. I fell in love with the Haekelbeutel pattern, the way the squares are arranged. I made up my own square because I wanted it to be very solid.

clickable

th_100_3265.jpg

Cute purse! I've wanted to try that yarn for awhile now. Ever since I saw it listed for one of the projects in the Happy Hooker. Did you enjoy working with it?

Thank you for your nice comments:)

WoW! I love it. What square did you use?
I made up the square.

Cute purse! I've wanted to try that yarn for awhile now. Ever since I saw it listed for one of the projects in the Happy Hooker. Did you enjoy working with it?
I have to tell you I absolutely LOVE the Euroflax. It is a bit of an investment--I bought a skein of each color, at $20 each, and used most of it. I chose it because of the colors, love these 2 colors, and I thought it would be durable. It has a nice subtle sheen to it. It has no stretch to it so it is like working with cotton crochet thread in that way. It is a 4 ply and there is a bit of a tendency for the plies to separate ---esp. after a bit of frogging. (I frogged a lot and reworked stitches because I was trying to work very tightly and have as little space as possible between stitches; if I didn't think a stitch was even enough I ripped back.) It's a bonus that it is also machine washable and dryable. As I worked the squares I machine washed them in a lingerie bag in cold water and blocked them to square up the corners for joining. I haven't dried it in the machine and probably won't as I don't want to soften it up too much. I love the feel of it and would like to use it for a garment.

Very attractive! I agree, it's nice to have a solid material for the bag - and it negates the need for a lining. :) Love those colors. Too bad the yarn is so pricey.... I guess you get what you pay for though.

Archived