Pumpkin

Trinket

I think this would go here, since this is a seasonal type decoration.

I like pumpkins a lot, but I could only find two patterns online for them. One is supposed to be wrapped around a styrofoam ball and I didn't really like it much. This was the only other pattern I could find. I added the leaf on myself, since the original pattern didn't have one.

This one is just my pumpkin hanging out in the backyard:

pumpkin.jpg

Here it is on the stereo with a few amigurumi mushrooms I made:

pumpshroomies.jpg

I don't really like this one so much, either, 'cause it's made with double crochets instead of singles, so the stitching is more open and you can see the stuffing too much. Does anybody know of any other pumpkin patterns out there that are free?

I don't really like this one so much, either, 'cause it's made with double crochets instead of singles, so the stitching is more open and you can see the stuffing too much.

I think it is cute !!! Thanks for sharing !!!

If you use some orange fabric and line it you won't notice the stuffing.

I think it looks cute. :jack Love the mushrooms.

One thing you can do about your stuffing, is if you can find colored stockings or tights in different colors in the Dollar store, you can use them to stuff. This way, the stuffing does not look white.:hook

If you use some orange fabric and line it you won't notice the stuffing.

I had considered that, but don't have any on hand. I can always pick some up, though. I may try that and see how it looks. Because I did get some nice compliments on the ridging effect that this pattern has. And I do kinda like that myself.

Here's another pattern done in sc and hdc; a smaller hook would also tighten up the stitches a bit.

http://www.geocities.com/crochetrat/stuffedpumpkin.html

Oh, that looks like the same pattern as the one I had found before that used a styrofoam ball, but it's at a different location. :think But the one in the picture you showed me looks nicer somehow. I did try that one, but something must have gone wrong, 'cause it didn't really look like I think it was supposed to. That one IS really fast and simple, though, and I may give it another go. I'm definitely gonna be bored today, so I have an excuse. :lol

I tried using an F hook on the one I'd already done, but it seemed like it was turning out TOO small. Maybe a G hook will work better.

Hmm. I just finished photoging my WIPs and Stash, and one is a Pumpkin. But I can't figure out what pattern it's from. Should I try to work it from what is there or should I frog it and try again? Or should I give up on Pumkins! :lol

Uh oh, I just hi-jacked a thread. *hides behind monitor* :crocheting

:rose MissRach

I just wanted to add a tip...I just made some pumpkins for my fall table and the pattern that I used calls for a styrofoam ball as well, but I used polyfil instead and it works just great. I think it's worth giving the second pattern you found (its a lot like my pattern) a try using polyfil, you'll probably love the final result.

shelli

Archived