My 'biffer shrug'

candycook

I followed the pattern here, and made this "biffer shrug.'

000_1604.jpg

It works about 1,000 times better than the store-bought disposable pads that are 'supposed' to go with the swiffer, or other duster/mops. I used it to dust the floor, and actually mop my floor and the scrubbing power was really unbeatable.. no sponge, no pad could compete with this thing. I recommend it to anyone who owns one of those new fangled duster/mops.

000_1603.jpg

The ridges made when crocheting this according to the pattern are really exceptional. It picks up a lot more than the disposable pads and scrubs better than any other mop I've used and is reusable.. so, I also save money. Oh, and there are ridges on both sides, so when one side gets grubby - turn it over and continue.. then I just washed it in my sink and hung it up to dry.

I'm working on a "glove" scrubber, now, inspired by the biffer shrug pattern. I hate that the rags I usually scrub with are always getting wrinkled and folded under my hand when I'm cleaning.. so, the pocket for my hand will keep the thing in place. I'll share that when I finish.

It works on my clorox mop too...I made one (oh, when it was still cold out...sometime between Nov and April :P) and love it...I think the next time I better go up a hook...it barely fits!! But I should have a back-up one methinks....even on my "white" lino that DH spent 2 hours on (with scouring powder and sponge) last friday, the "shrug" came up with more grey. (and my floor looks great. Thanks DH)

My cleaning woman used it today for the first time. Wow! We were both impressed. It gets so much dirtier than the regular swiffer pads that you just know it's getting the floor that much cleaner. I'm going to make a couple more so there'll always be a backup.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I used another 'shrug' patterns (same idea though) and made four of these for my friend for Christmas (her entire house is tile and wood flooring)

I also made a "market" bag for her. It will be a green Christmas! (Right up her alley! SO glad I found Crochetville in time - she is impossible to shop for!)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived