The 2008 ANNUAL Alzhiemers drive*I am HOME*

JoBug

I am in charge this year, againnow last year you ladies helped us collect over $500 for this worthy cause. I of course work in an alzheimers unit in an assisted living home,

This year our theame is "Spark a Memory" and we are doing Christmas tree decorations. If anyone is willing to contribute, a snowflake, an Angel, or any tree ornamtent crochetted of course, they will be going up for auction in September, I do ask that you tag your item, and put "Spark your memory" and your name, of ville name whatever you like, and your state.

Thank you all for your continued support.

Please PM me for my addy, and the site where I wsork for validity is www.sunsetparkplace.com

Hugs and Love

JoAnn

Thank you Robin, The deadline is late August, first week in September is the Auction, thank you anyone who would help me.

Jobug - I will help. I have a few bells made that you can have. I am going to see what else I can wip up for you to since you dont need them till late August. This is something that afflicted my grandmother and my BIL"s father so it is near and dear to my heart. I think I still have your addy around here somewhere but go ahead and PM me with it anyway just in case.

I might be able to send some things your way. I'll have to look and see what types of thread I have in my stash and see what I can come up with.

my fingers won't let me work with thread much less my eyesight for that matter :lol

yah I know, too young to say that, but it's true!!! :angry

so let me see what I can do with yarn and I'm there for you Babe!! :hug

Thank you all for your support!! This is a great effort, we had a butterfly release last sat where every one bought a butterfly for $1 and we raised $100 on that! Help me speak for those with out a voice. it doesnt have to be thread, any tree ornie will work, this is to spark Christmas memories.

Blessings to all!

JoAnn

I am willing to help in this great cause

I believe my grandmother had it however the family called it dementia also have a very good friend who's hubby had Alzheimer's

Will have to look through CPC for some patterns :hug

Sending you a PM for a mailing addy :hook

Have no free time to crochet any other projects but have some plastic canvas snowflakes made with various colored Christmas yarns I can send Would these work?

Have no free time to crochet any other projects but have some plastic canvas snowflakes made with various colored Christmas yarns I can send Would these work?

Yes, they sure will work! TY!

:)I finally figured out how the pattern I picked works, lol, I know I'm kinda dense sometimes.

I got 2 flakes made up so far (one out of some reason went totally wrong:blush, I'm just a little beginner, lol), I'll see how many I can make:hook till the end of August.:yes

Would love to help. My grandmother had Alzheimer's when I was young, and now my mother-in-law is in the very end stage and is in a nursing home. It's such a difficult experience to love someone with this terrible illness.

Send a PM with your mailing address and I'll get as many as I can done for you in the next two weeks.

I "think" I got all the adresses out to everyone, if not please PM me, I am operating without a mouse, fun fun, cant wait till friday to get one...lol..

Hugs and Love

JoAnn

:hug:manyheart:hug

Archived