Tapestry Crochet Totes

Becks

I've finished a bunch of new totes using the tapestry crochet technique described by Carol Ventura at her tapestry crochet website.

Of course I had to do the kitty bag...(please click to enlarge photos)...

th_DSC00004-25.jpg

I also made up another one using a peyote bead pattern called honeycomb.

(Links to patterns are in my blog).

th_DSC00001-27.jpg

This one I'm calling A Hare's Nightmare. It's from anextremely old needlepoint or knitting pattern of a rabbit. The turtle is a simple safety pin bead pattern. All these totes were tapestry crocheted using Omega Sinfonia yarn/thread and a size F hook.

th_DSC00007-23.jpg

This Love One Another tote is made with DMC Senso thread size 3. I used a peyote bead alphabet graph to make the words and a very old Celtic knitting design for the bottom. It was really hard to do!

th_DSC00008-21.jpgth_DSC00009-15.jpg

And finally, I made this wrap-around "Jollyfish" patterned tote. (I'm calling it Fishbone). The design is from someone named Julie at knittingjuju.

What a fabulous design this was!!!! The anchors I made from a hot water bottle pattern by Chloe Nightingale. You can find that pattern at CrochetMe.

Links to patterns can be found in my blog.

I really enjoyed learning Tapestry Crochet. Carol Venturas video tutorials are the best!!!! :yay

Wow!! I love them!! I especially like the kitty one and fish one too! I have made one from Carol Ventura's book. It was fun, and kinda hard, but really cool when finished! It seems to be kind of hard on the fingers though!! For me anyway!! LOve it Love it Love it!!

Becks, I just visited your blog for the first time and just absolutely love your Sophisticit backpack and Bob Dylan afghan. How creative!

Going back to look at some more goodies.

Archived