Crocheted Beaded Rope Necklace

Katchkan

I wanted a new necklace to wear to work that would not clash with the orange apron I have to wear. Most of my necklaces I have made are reds and Burgundies. So I decided to make myself a new one. I used one of my designs from my free beaded rope pattern. here I did it in shades of blue. I used size 11 sead beads and and size 30 thread. I used a size 10/1.3 mm hook to create this one. The rope is the slip stitch method and the slide is done with a single crochet. It felt good to be doing some bead crochet. Haven't had a lot of time to do any here lately.

th_BlueNecklace.jpgth_BlueNecklace2.jpg

pictures are clickable.

Hope you like this one.

that is really beautiful, and thank you for the rope pattern, I did not realize you had a free one and I have been looking for one :clap

:manyheart Thanks so much for sharing your pattern,,,I love the necklace,,,I have been doing alot of crochet beaded socks lately and have some beads that I can use,,,I can't wait to try one...I feel like a "lurker" on this site because I don't know how to do the whole "take picture, load in computer, attach it to a thread" thing,,,my son will be back from Amsterdam next week and I will get him to help me post

It's quite pretty. Slider comment: When I do beaded crochet with SC in rows, my beads don't line up as yours did. I get the effect where the beads "fit" in between the beads of the row below. Hope that makes sense.

I've read where using a tunisian SC makes them line up as yours did on the slider.

Thank you everyone, I am enjoying wearing this one. I may make a couple different sliders to go with this, Then I can switch around and change the look easily.

It's quite pretty. Slider comment: When I do beaded crochet with SC in rows, my beads don't line up as yours did. I get the effect where the beads "fit" in between the beads of the row below. Hope that makes sense.

I've read where using a tunisian SC makes them line up as yours did on the slider.

I have no idea why your beads do that. I have never had mine do that, and I have crocheted a lot of beads. I do not work back and forth, but end off on each row. It doesn't take that much longer and I like the effect.

Archived