Just heard about you from KnittingHelp.com!

Hi every 1!

I'm so glad I found you :hug ! I'm a very new knitter and an even newer crocheter :blush . (I wish I had taken up both so much sooner.) I started knitting in Feb. and joined a forum for that and today while lurking over there some1 mentioned you guys so I shot over her as quick as I could. (I've been looking all over the web about crochet and i'm surprised that I didn't come across you all b4 this). But anyway, my crochet experience began when I started going to my LYS for supplies to make a knitted poncho (Which I still haven't made yet)everything I liked was crocheted. I kept asking this one sales lady "Can I make this"? and she'd say, "No, that's crocheted". and so we went through the whole store doing that. So... I started to crochet. I started with a ruffled dishcloth but quit after it become the size of a large pizza. I just finished a set of 4 coasters following the 1st 3 rows of my dishcloth pattern and I think a size F hook instead of an H and they turned out really nice and I love em :cheer . Anyway, I live in Torrance, Ca. 'bout 5 min. from the beach and about 15min from downtown LA with absolutely no traffic (at about 3:45 am) any other time about an hr. & a 1/2.

I belong to a knitting/crochet group that meets every Weds. @ 6:30 in Redondo Beach, CA. If any1's interested e:mail me . Im married and have 4 kids, b-13, g-11, b-5 and our last a 3 yr. old-B. and 2 :dog :dog (a jack russell with realllllly long legs and a lab collie mix whom just got skunked a couple of weeks ago. Ugh :yuck ! It was horrible and had to be far much worse for her.

We'll be remodeling our house in about a month. We just signed on for that yesterday. I'm not sure if we'll have to move in with the inlaws (They're great.) who don't have a computer (That'll stink). But while I can i'll be visiting here with you guys and trying to hone my new found craft :hook.

Kelly

Hi and :welcome from Northeast Ohio! You'll love it here! I enjoyed your story about your ruffled dishcoth. The first hat I tried to make came out the size of a dinner plate! :rofl

Hola! Welcome to Crochetville!!

The first scarf I made could have covered a twin bed :lol Ahh well. I just pretended that it was in style. Hope you enjoy the boards!

Welcome, Kelly, from next door in AZ. My first thread project, a bookmark, was so loopy and loose that when I showed my friend who tats, she made this face like "Umm, should I react? Was she serious about this? What do I say that doesn't put our 18-year friendship on the line?" She was very relieved when I said "This stinks so bad, but the next one will be better."

My mom is coming for vacation in 2 weeks and bringing the needles, so we can commiserate about learning to knit. I think I may have to pay too much attention to knitting to enjoy it as much as I love crocheting.

Hope you're not near the mudslides. Patty

Bienvenue!! Welcome!! Nice to have you join us! :hug I have also recently taken up knitting and I am working on my first scarf - realized that if I wanted to work with fun fur it had best be with needles because crocheting with it drove me bonkers!!

:hiHello Kelly,

Glad you made your way over to see us! I just found this site not so long ago, a woman from a swap I was in sent me! And this site is the greatest! Hope you enjoy it, and happy to hear you are giving crochet a shot! :hook

Welcome!!! I'm a crocheter who's trying to teach herself how to knit because so much of the knitted stuff I see is so gorgeous and I feel left out. I think crochet will always be my first love, though. This is a nice place. Hope you like it here, and that we can learn from each other.

Maribel :U

Hi Kelly,

Welcome to Crochetville.

I was raised in Torrance. We lived off of Vermont Ave & Supulavda (spelling sucks and I could never spell that street name.. lol). I graduated from Narbonne High in 1980. We live in Oklahoma now, and the only thing I really miss from California is the beaches and my friends :)

Archived