In Vogue Purse in Sugar n Cream

cmr3877

860f1b3f8ac7.jpg?tw=305&th=228&_rh=303rk1wb0n65z7dgvltz7ywvn

I'm so happy with it! :cheer It's made with Lily Sugar 'n Cream in Strawberry.

The pattern is an American School of Needlework book; "Trendsetting Totes."

The pattern calls for a button to close the top, but for now I've just pulled the drawstrings through to the front. I haven't found a button cute enough!

:rose Catherine

Really pretty purse. You've done a beautiful job! The color is called strawberry, try and find a strawberry button. Just a sugesstion.....

Thanks, everyone, for your kind comments! :c9

And yes, I think a strawberry button would be perfect. But, I can't find one ANYWHERE (keeping in mind that here in Cajunland, that means WalMart, Michael's and Hobby Lobby). :cry

So, it is my Holy Grail. I would love a glass or "bead" type strawberry, rather than a painted wood button. It needs to be 1 1/2 " in diameter. Please help me find it! I will give 2 balls of treasured Moda Dea sassy stripes yarn (hey, a gal's gotta de-stash SOMEHOW) in, of course, CRUSH pinks, for whoever finds the winning strawberry button!

Or, if you can't stand pinks, :eek just tell me where to find the button!

:rose Catherine

Thanks for the info, Brie! The buttons are both cute, but two small! The button for the purse needs to be a whopping 1 1/2 inches in diameter!

The search continues!!!

The buttons are both cute, but two small!

Oops! I thought the glass button was 1 1/2"! That's what I get for trying to read things in the middle of the night! :oops

Archived