Totally WoW bias shawl pattern

I was just messing around at the Naturally Caron website - I finally got to my email. and I discovered this pattern. I haven't even dared to look at how to do that on the bias but

...WoW!

There is no way I could carry it off but it shure is purdy eh?

I love that new Caron site and I think I would like that finer yarn if my hands would just learn to work and play well with others :wlol

That seems perfectly reasonable to me.

It sure is nice though. I am trying to remember where I can get Caron yarns. I think Michaels has it... hmmm

I think I just found my next project, I don't have the caron yarn but I have some cherry red screaming a me project :lol:cheer

Oh yeah :cheer:cheer:cheer

Just post pics and send me a PM when you get it made. I love that one so much but I don't know.. well... well

I do have to use up some of that stash of mine... hmmm

I think I'll go get the kids thier Ice cream (so they will quit bugging me) then start on this, I will post pics when done or maybe a wip pic by Tues. :hook

I'll mark my calendar.:wlol

I noticed that it uses a 6.mm hook. with a regular WW yarn, i wonder what size I would have to use to make it work?

OK I am going to start this lets just hope I have enough yarn I got 2 skiens and a partial of a smaller skien of the cherry red. I looked through my stash and the only other colors I know I have enough of is brown, tan, and white.

Grrrr :angry I need to go out and buy a new J hook the one I got is snagging my yarn and I really can't work with it. Of course it would have to be the hook I don't have duplicates of.

Very Pretty Pattern. I hope you all realize that it is designed by our

CrochetKim Kim Guzman. She ought to be proud of that one.

:blush I am so embarrassed! I didn't even look at the designer's name. :blush

Of course I would have noticed Kim's name if I had not been enthralled by her design. I think that is a compliment for a designer but of course it is gorgeous if Kim did it. :manyheart thank you all over the place Kim!

I have some bright and beautiful green-apple green that I might try for this and I was thinking of not making it so long if it is a larger yarn.

Edit: I tried working only 182 stitches with my WW yarn and 8.mm hook but it was not long enough. I am now working the full 248. :think Ah well, I want it to look rich and full and not "almost there".

• 3 weeks later...
Of course I would have noticed Kim's name if I had not been enthralled by her design. I think that is a compliment for a designer but of course it is gorgeous if Kim did it. :manyheart thank you all over the place Kim!

Thank you so much to all! I'm glad you like the pattern. For those of you interested in this design, yes, I do think it's a little challenging, especially with the bias. But, I have posted TIPS! :yes

Please visit my blog here for the tips which should really help a lot. Enjoy!

And, thank you again!

It sure is pretty! And I'm not much of one for shawls, but I may make this one! Also, does anybody else have a problem with that site? I can view the patterns if someone posts the url here, or from CPC, but if I click the patterns link on the page, nothing happens.......?

What does it mean by first leg and second leg in the sm cluster??

The small cluster, which is described in the top of the pattern, produces a sort of upside down "V". To make it easier to describe in the pattern itself, the "first leg" and "second leg" represents the first and second half of that upside down "V". Hope that helps. :)

Archived