lost pattern

courtin

Question

Around 1973 a wonderful woman took time to show me how to crochet. She gave me a pattern which I apparently lost soon after. She is now dead and I have been unable to locate anything similar. I believe the name contained the word meditterean (spelling probably isn't right). It looks like a cresent or shell in it. They also have points on them. It is not a hard pattern but I have been looking everywhere for it. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

25 answers to this question

You have to be a Villager to post photos on here.
I wanted to clarify, all members can post photos; you do not need to be a Villager. Photo posting instructions are found here.

Wish I could help with the pattern!

That pattern was also published in the 70's in a Columbia Minerva baby book and the pattern was called "Queen Anne's Lace". It was my favorite pattern back then and I have done many full sized afghans in the pattern.

Fun pattern!

I saw that pattern just the other day. Thought I had printed it but I can not find it. It was a free one from Annie's attic or it was from free patterns.

I'll keep looking.

Evelyn1

:eekI thought I did the same thing printed it but I cant find it if I did so some little crochet gramblin is after us!

I saw that pattern just the other day. Thought I had printed it but I can not find it. It was a free one from Annie's attic or it was from free patterns.

I'll keep looking.

Evelyn1

Go look at today's Annie's Attic Pattern of the Day. It is a baby quilt but I think it is similar. I remember that pattern from the 70's and I made a shawl for someone but have not kept the pattern because it was alot of work.

Thanks Donna! I tried one link to photobucket somewhere on here, but I didn't get in. I thought it was because of my status. Does photobucket require some sort of membership? I have tried snapfish too, but didn't get anywhere. Either I don't have the right software, or I am not doing something else right. I will try the steps in the link you posted.

Thanks again!!!! Love this site!

It looks like the general method of creation is in strips of crescents made in a similar fashion to this scarf (Ruffle Scarf - where you do a partial-round motif and then continue on to another, joining through the centre of the previous motif. It looks to me like the stitches around the initial chain ring are probably dc followed by chain loops, which you then join through on subsequent strips - but the photo is a bit fuzzy so it is hard to tell...

This scarf also has a similar effect...

You have to be a Villager to post photos on here. I would suggest attaching your photo to a Private Message. If you send it to a Villager, they could upload it for the rest of us.

Have you tried a Google Search?

Good Luck!

I'm happy to post it if you can pm or email it to me... I'm quite curious :)

You have to be a Villager to post photos on here. I would suggest attaching your photo to a Private Message. If you send it to a Villager, they could upload it for the rest of us.

Have you tried a Google Search?

Good Luck!

It would help to know what type of pattern you are looking for??? Afghan, clothing, or what? Did you ever make anything from the pattern that you still have? Maybe a picture would help. Sorry your lady friend has died, I sure hope you can find that pattern you are looking for. :hug

Archived