(Dishcloth & Scrubbies) My Very First...

ChasKitty

...finished projects! :yay I made the dishcloth from a pattern book, then the famous spiral scrubbie after hours :sweat:whew of figuring out how to make a rectangle round (:lol) and then the rectangular double thickness scrubbie found http://alicethekamel.blogspot.com/2007/09/cotton-dish-sponges.html . The last one is my fav, I'm already altering the pattern to make a coin purse!

2515032197_c0fcaa02b8.jpg?v=0

The one issue I keep having is knowing where to insert the hook for edging the sides of the stitches, :think like on the dishcloth, top and bottom i got cause you just go in the stitch loops, but how/where :bang to stitch the side edging! Help? :help

:rabbit Chastity :cat

Hi Chastity,

Wow.. those look great!

I know what you mean about the where to put the hook when your doing the edging. I just try to secure it a loop and will look even all the way down (or up).

Looks good!! Thanks for sharing.

:D Great job! I know what you mean about the edgings, too. I just kinda have to 'feel' my way thru it and keep an eye on it as I go along so it'll come out even. Looks like you did just fine to me! :)

I love them all! :cheer I've never done a round spiral scrubbie like yours :think and now I am inspired to give it a try!! :hug

:shrug Glad to hear I'm not the only one having issues with not knowing where to place the edging stitches! :oops:whew

:ty TY all for the compliments! :bounce

Oh, and also, I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how much each peice would sell for and then how much if I sell them as a set? Thanks again!

Well done! I love making the sprial scrubbies and the cotton dish sponges. They go so fast, and I have such a limited attention span right now, :P. I put the edging stitch in the leg of the stitch when I'm edging, and just try to make sure that I put enough so that the edge doesn't pull the item I'm edging. Does that make sense?

I have no idea about pricing, but you will have to ask permission from the designers of the spiral scrubbie and cotton dish sponge if you can sell items made using their patterns (their webpages probably have that info at the bottom of the pattern). There's lots of info in the Design Den forum, especially the Selling Crochet forum, that would help you.

Patty

• 3 weeks later...

They look great Chastity. I know what you mean about the edges. I dread borders because the sides can be difficult to figure out. I don't think there are really any "rules" as to how to do it properly... I just put a stitch in the end of each row, and if it looks like it's going to start puckering, I'll skip a row or do 2 stitches... whichever makes it lay flat. Hope that made sense!

Archived