Me crocheting

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all of your comments.

Having crocheted for about 39 years now this is the first time I've seen myself crochet. Being a lefty I've never seen another left handed person crochet in my life. I was taught to crochet by a right handed person and she told me to hold my yarn whatever way is comfortable. I've taught about 12 right handers to crochet and had them sit in front of me to learn. I have to crochet in slow motion when showing them stitches because until the Internet I was unaware that I even crocheted fast. I don't crochet for any speed contest I crochet because I love to create beautiful patterns.

I'm glad you all are here in this forum so I could share the fun of crocheting with you.

Personally I'd like to see my friend Ava crocheting with those 1 inch nails of hers. One day I will go to Canada and see her crochet. AS you all know she creates beautiful pieces as well.

Enjoy your day and happy crocheting

Linda :sun

It was so weird to see a lefty crochet, :think I watched the video 4 times because it was so cool!!:cheer And yes, to me you are super quick like in fast forward on a movie or something to get through commercials, that's how it looked to me!!

I "got it" that you don't do it for a contest.

I "got it" it's just how you love to crochet and I think that's awesome because you can finish products quick like I wish I could whip them out!! :hook

I'm so glad you shared this with us and so glad you got to see yourself crochet! :crocheting

Way to go!! :manyheart

I think you are super quick. And have you heard? Left-handers are the ones in their right minds. (Of course, I'm another leftie.)

Main thing is that you enjoy how you crochet. It sure looks like you do.

It was interesting to see how you hold the hook. I have been experimenting a little with that, because my hands get sore after awile.

What I noticed to most about how you crocheted is that there was no extra movement. Each move the hook made was purposeful and led right into the next, conserving time. I think that is where part of where the speed comes in, you are not wasting any movement or time in each stitch. I like it!! Thanks for sharing.

That is fast!! also looks real smooth...like you know what you're doin'...lol...and yep it looks backwards!! LOL Thanks for sharing that with us!!

Yes, fast. I'm a lefty too!!! No wonder so many of you hookers finish things so fast. I've been crocheting since 1970 & I certainly don't go that fast. In fact, when I get too fast I get nervous & slow down.

You must finish things super-fast.

Very speedy, especially for a a lefty. I know what you mean. My fiance loves to watch me crochet (he pouts when I do it without him watching). :lol I told him that once you get the hang of what your doing and it's just a bunch of repetitive stitches, it's easy as pie!

yup yup yup

that is fast fast fast

good gracious. i wish i could crochet that fast....maybe I would not have so many ufo's.

whats your favorite hook? do you crochet faster with certain size hooks?????

and whats that you're making?

:knit

have fun!

Laurie

yup yup yup

that is fast fast fast

good gracious. i wish i could crochet that fast....maybe I would not have so many ufo's.

whats your favorite hook? do you crochet faster with certain size hooks?????

and whats that you're making?

:knit

have fun!

Laurie

Laurie ~~

Are you kidding? I have so many UFO's you wouldn't believe it...hahaha

My favorite type of hook are the Susan Bates hooks. My favorite size

is either I, J or K. I sometimes use an (F) or a (G) for baby bear blankets.

:crocheting I'm making a rectangle afghan in the video. I'll probably post a completed picture of it this weekend. I finished it last night 4/24

Linda :sun

I crochet pretty fast too. There is a speed crochet competition and Lily Chin is the champ (I think) Most people who see me work say i am fast and my doctor said that i actually need to try and slow down as my heart rate goes up when i work like aerobic activity and i am stressing my diabetic heart too much. I think you are normal speed to me. I actually have trouble crocheting slowly i end up with tension issues when i do.

Archived