Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

Hey K, I am right on target, keep me going until round 36, then the ghan will be done.

Next: 4 July swap squares, :yarn

6 (10") earthtone squares from 7/7-8/9, :yarn

then 2 round ripples in August for the Olympic challenge.:yarn

Also, two quiliting classes in August. :yarn

Not counting the 5 workout dates I have planned,

This is what I call summer vacation.:eek

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted this question somewhere else and never got an answer...

The friendship squares you all talk about, is that something that you just send to each other according to color requests? The end result I assume will be for each person to put their afghan together from the squares that 'ville friends sent them?

I'm slowly finishing up m51. I have to work at is in shifts otherwise I get really tired and start to drift off. I HATE that part of being pregnant!!! I don't seem to get anything done anymore. :)

I posted this question somewhere else and never got an answer...

The friendship squares you all talk about, is that something that you just send to each other according to color requests? The end result I assume will be for each person to put their afghan together from the squares that 'ville friends sent them?

Yes, according to color requests. You just pick whoever you want to first then go on down the lsit in any order you want and send out the squares, then each person puts together their own afghan. It's fun making the squares and sending them out. Are you on the list at the sky cal? They have a list of participents with their colors for those in the cal. I thought you were.:)

I have two more squares done, I beleive, can't tell what my count was, plus I have another almost done in detroit Lions colors. So I have fifteen of the U of M squares and almost one detroit lions. Getting tired of blue and gold all the time, you know? Chrissy will see you tomarro. So does that make me still caught up? What is the number I was supposed to be at? Lost track. I am starting to crochet around the squares now too, to get ready for the putting it all together. Whew!

Ok today was supposed to be the only day this week with a 0% chance of rain. But I am looking out my window at a downpour!!!!! So I should get caught up on those hooking rows, maybe while watching a movie or something.

I have been drifting off after a couple of stitches all week, lets hope I can stay awake today!

I discovered after finishing M51 that I did all the half circles wrong on the crw! So now I am trying to fix them as i do the next round. Krystal can you put me on hold over the weekend. I will be at my parents house and will not be bringing the crw with me. thanks!

Okay going over the afghan pattern again to see what is left. I want to make sure I have what you have Krystal.

I'm at 4 cars, 20 wheels (I counted them as 1 all together), 10 wheel bars (I counted these all as 1 all together too.), and 6 windows (I think I counted these as 1 all together but I don't remember). His mom said no to the fringe. She said he doesn't need it and it might be too much of a pain to wash. So I think I have 7 things all together to get it finished. Then I just have to sew it all together (I'm going to try to do that as I go).

I have two more squares done, I beleive, can't tell what my count was, plus I have another almost done in detroit Lions colors. So I have fifteen of the U of M squares and almost one detroit lions. Getting tired of blue and gold all the time, you know? Chrissy will see you tomarro. So does that make me still caught up? What is the number I was supposed to be at? Lost track. I am starting to crochet around the squares now too, to get ready for the putting it all together. Whew!

I have you up to 15 squares, and you're caught up!

I finished the body of the ghan. Now all I have are the appliques. Krystal you can bump me up now to the appliques.

:blush... I had you for 48 rows... nothing else? :think

Okay going over the afghan pattern again to see what is left. I want to make sure I have what you have Krystal.

I'm at 4 cars, 20 wheels (I counted them as 1 all together), 10 wheel bars (I counted these all as 1 all together too.), and 6 windows (I think I counted these as 1 all together but I don't remember). His mom said no to the fringe. She said he doesn't need it and it might be too much of a pain to wash. So I think I have 7 things all together to get it finished. Then I just have to sew it all together (I'm going to try to do that as I go).

I had nothing, so I just added the 7 more to the 48 rows I had down.

I am done up to row 63 on my rug. Gotta start actually doing a row a day because I hate having to catch up!

:think Hmmmm... I'm thinking that was my :devil plan all along! :lol

Yes, according to color requests. You just pick whoever you want to first then go on down the lsit in any order you want and send out the squares, then each person puts together their own afghan. It's fun making the squares and sending them out. Are you on the list at the sky cal? They have a list of participents with their colors for those in the cal. I thought you were.:)

I'm in the Sky CAL, but didn't list anything for squares as I wasn't sure what exactly they were about.

Thanks everyone for enlightening me :)

Good morning Krystal,

I am back from my travels and have one more quick trip to make from Sunday to Tuesday. On Wednesday I will be off my sabatical from rows and will resume where I left off (I hope you have this jotted down somewhere :D )

Good morning to all! Sorry I did not post yesterday. Drove 200 miles to drop DD with her grandma then to visit her father grave (10 years this year) after that I got to back track to Honey Dews. Then yard saling with her DH and DD. Then she and I went shopping, I would NEVER leave the hobby store here...good thing I don't have a good one by me. But I'm going to check ft Wayne :) its only 45 min away!

Krystal it is going to be a loonng busy week for me I'd like to put my count on hold. I might get some hex's done and I will post a couple times, but you know what its like when your away from home visiting. Have fun :crochet everyone

Look at my avatar!:yay This is the guy that I am making the football squares for. He is twelve, I think I said 14 before. He is small for his age. Due to his kidney problems. I have got my square done thats the detroit lions, and am going to start on the last U of M one I am making then I am done and ready to crochet borders around each square, then put them together. SO how do I count those krystal? Yea, Krystal, Christi is busy making squares for me!

Archived