For some reason...

You could make yourself a market tote for any summer farmer's markets or to use instead of paper/plastic at your grocery store. Dishcloths; sponges; scrubbies; bath puffs. Check out Crochet Pattern Central. I LOVE working with cotton yarn and I've contemplated buying those cones too. One should get you at least a market tote (if you use the LIon Brand pattern that I've used).

HTH

Joyce

I made a purse from an 8 ply cotton which seems similar to Peaches and Cream (the Exchange bag from Stitch N Bitch Happy Hooker) except I think my cotton is mercerised and I think the Peaches and Cream is "soft"...

I would also probably make amigurumi with cotton rather than acrylic (can't stand the squeak of basic acrylic...)

Marika

Oh you'll love it! I've made matching kitchen sets, a towel/blanket for my puppy when she was born, rugs, and I've just gotten a cone of the double thickness cotton I'm going to use for potholders. I was also gifted with a lovely throw several years ago in worsted weight cotton.

Well, you're not the only one! :lol :lol :lol I looked at those cones, and I looked at thoses cones. I wanted one in the worst way, but it made no sense. I hadn't worked with the Peaches and Cream yet. Why in the world would I want an entire cone of it?

Well, I finally couldn't stand it. I bought a cone of the blues and white. Did that make me happy? Not enough. A couple weeks later I picked up one in the yellows and white. That seems to be enough.

So here they are, in a plastic bag on my hutch where I can see them, and I don't have a clue what I will make. :lol :lol :lol So I look at them, and I think now and again about various projects, but nothing has struck me as being "just right" yet.

I'm not worried. The right idea(s) will come along and then I'll be :yay "Yes, yes, I've already got the yarn for that!"

I love working with cotton yarn, but right now I have about 40 "pieces" of leftover yarn in various colors. So I am thinking of making a scrap afghan. Some of it is variegated, but I have a lot of solid colors, which will blend in well with the variegated. Or I could make a few mats and donate them to the animal shelter.

I love to work with cotton yarn! I've made sweaters, shawls, afghans, baby outfits.

Cotton skeins are expensive if it's not for a dishcloth, so the cones are wonderful.

:lol Real Deal, you are too funny!

Ok girls you talked me into it. I will definitely be buying one or more of these cones soon. But I think I'm going to *try* to finish a few projects first, since I'm also dying to order the Cathedral Rose Window pattern and tackle that. Maybe I'll save those for incentives and then go on a shopping spree!

I made a starghan bath towel for my niece. I made one corner into a hood. It worked great! I also made two smaller (hand-sized) starghans and stitched them together (leaving a gap) to make a matching washrag that fit over a hand.

I've been contemplating an afghan for our den - I want to do a cotton cabled ghan. I think that would be nice.

I love this yarn, I was in AZ last year at a Wal-mart and they had the big cones on sale for 3.84 so I bought 15 or so... Ihave made lots of stuff with them from rugs, afghans, scarfs, computer bags, market bags, here is just a sampling of what I have made...the patterns are not available as I just made them up as I went, except the travelghan, it is in the original patterns section:

computer and printer bags

th_IM001702.jpg

Market bag

th_IM001556.jpg

travelghan, original pattern section

th_Dstrental2012.jpg

another market bag

th_craigslist012.jpg:crocheting:crocheting

Great thread! I was given a couple of grocery bags full of barly-used Peaches N Cream this week. I had never worked with it or any cotton yarn before. I went ahead and tried it out by making a dishcloth yesterday. I used the free pattern from the Lion Brand website.

I use them to make baby blankets. Out here in the desert, cotton just makes sense. I use two cones to make a large baby blanket and always have a little left over. I prefer a shell stitch. The blanket is warm but not too heavy that way.

If you use the varigated colors and a shell pattern you get 'waves' of color over the entire blanket. The blues stack on top of the blues and the white and pink stack over their colors. It doesnt' look striped but the color undulates, if you get my meaning.

I've made wash cloths and dishcloths and the only complaint I have is the color fades if you use bleach. Imagine that. :lol

One of the girls in my 4H class made a choker out of some white that I have. She is going to put a cameo on it. Quick and easy project.

I also have a Christmas afghan that I made two years ago out of 2 cones of the Christmas color. I need to make another because 1 blanket and 3 kids does not make for a happy evening.

Have fun with your yarn.

Michelle in Southern AZ

I love the cotton yarn. I have three cones sitting in my bedroom now. I use them for trivets and dish cloths and towels. I love to make the kids their own wash cloth, they are much softer than a regular wash cloth. I also use them for belts. Just a cream or tan color. I love the way they look. Hope this helps.

Right now I have an off white, a red white and blue, and a brown verigated. I have made dish clothes and a market bag out of the red, white and blue, and still have about 1/2 of it left. The others are being used to make a large kitchen set for my sis who is graduating this year. I am think lots of dish clothes, some pot holders, some hanging towels (yes I am crazy and crochet the whole towel-they are so pretty). I'll also make some matching multi-strand rugs, but probably from acrylic be cause it is a little more indestructable.

I've also used peaches and cream for baby items, very cute and soft.

Archived