Purple, green and blue

Hello everyone,

I'm new, well i lurked for a few months and thought this was so much fun i decided to join. Im from the Toronto, Ontario area and a mommy of 2 amazing kids and the fiancee to the greatest guy on the planet.:yay

I've been crocheting for 12 years now and will never get enough of it. It keeps me from going insane lol.

So the reason for posting this is because of my 5 yr old son, who loves to sit with me on the couch while i'm crocheting. He will watch his favorite show on tv (the wonderpets....they are so cute) and snuggle with me and i'm in heaven. :manyheart He saw me working on the afghan i'm making for my mother who is sick and lives in europe. This makes me get through this hard time because i can't be with her right now. My son told me he will snuggle with the afghan before i send it to his "Oma" so he can send a hug with it......to met that was the sweetest thing i ever heared. Then he got off the couch ran to his room and got out a ripped piece of paper some markers he picked out in bright purple, green and blue and colored some blocks on the paper. He gave it to me and said "mommy can you make me this blankie please....with these colors?" :lol I don't know about the colors matching but I'm making that blankie...and i will drive to the end of the world to find these exact colors and it will be the best project ever!!!! :manyheart I will try to make pics of the WIP when i found the yarn

Thank you!!! Caron isn't around here as much as it used to be. We have have few Michaels here in the Toronto area and the one close to my house doesnt carry it anymore. It's mostly RH and I need to stick to acrylics because the poor thing has a wool allergy. I had made him a sweater once using Brown Sheep merino.....Oh my within 10 mins he was covered head to toe in bright red rashes :(

Hi :waving from TN! Sorry to hear that your mother is sick. Its hard to be so far away from the ones you love! Sounds like you've got GREAT company, though - I'm sure your little one makes sure there's never a dull moment!

That's soooo sweet. Kids know what colors they like, even if we think they don't go together. Crayons aren't always the shades we want, but if your son sees how different shades go together, he'll know which ones to pick. Helping with his afghan will make it even more special.

Ellie 13

Thank you!!! Caron isn't around here as much as it used to be. We have have few Michaels here in the Toronto area and the one close to my house doesnt carry it anymore. It's mostly RH and I need to stick to acrylics because the poor thing has a wool allergy. I had made him a sweater once using Brown Sheep merino.....Oh my within 10 mins he was covered head to toe in bright red rashes :(

You can also check knitting warehouse (online site), Herschnerr's or even Caron's site for shipping information. Knitting warehouse has a flat $5.99 shipping cost. And I've seen some of the Caron's on there.

That is so sweet...I'm sure it will warm a Grandmother's heart, too!

Have you looked at the RH Watercolors with greens, blues, and purples? It is one of my favorites, so I think your son has very good taste. ;)

How about the yarns at Mary Maxim, they have a Canadian Web site.

Let his sit at the computer and pick out his colors. This may make it easier for you to make the right colors he likes.

Love the story about your Mom's afghan. He is a sweetie.

Welcome from the West Coast of Florida.:hook

Who says they don't go together? I have some Caron Rainbow Dreams called Jet Stream 598 in those colours! It is a really great variegated wonderful to work with. I too suggest the websites mentioned before! :D

That's very sweet. I actually think those colors would go great together! I think kids are a great sorce of creativity becuase they are not shy about anything. If you went in to a kindergarten class and asked how many of them could draw they'd all raise their hands. Some how as we get older we lose that. I think children can make you see things that are very vivid even if we don't happen to see it.

I went to Michaels tonite and browsed the acrylics....Vanna's had some nice colors but i couldnt find a matching purple. So right now 'm going to check the mary maxim site and i will show him tomorrow the colors they have. He's finally sleeping now, he is sucha busy bee LOL

My granddaughter is sitting here with me reading this. She is 9 years old and she just told me that she watches the wonder pets too. She told me that she watches them every morning when she is not in school. She says that they are very cute! I hope you find the colors that your son wants. Those are some of my favorite colors!!! I hope your mother gets better soon.

That is such a sweet story. Isn't it funny that they know exactly what they want at such a young age? Our youngest is five, too. And he knows exactly what shirt he wants to wear, sometimes what pants, too. Some days it's cute, some days.... :blush

I will keep an eye out to see what his afghan turns out like! :clap

Tina

Thanks everyone, i went to the mary maxim and herschnerrs websites and let him browse the colors and it was dazzling him LOL He couldnt make up his mind:lol. So we stick with the original plan....the bright blue, green and purple. I want to get the yarn before the weekend because i'm off this weekend so i will have lots of time to work on it. I haven't checked Walmart yet and i also have a big Zellers store around the corner they have a good selection in yarn too.

Archived