Cute Critter CAL Amigurumi and other stitches

I was able to make a small item.

th_CellCharmTripod4-14-08.jpg

This is my Tripod "Tandy" she is a cell phone charm. :hook I was bored the other day and finally was able to crochet this little thing. It took almost all day with my wrists acting up.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's too cute! wish you didn't have troubles with your wrists though. I made another Mario to replace the one I sold... This one however is about 8" tall and was done with 2 strands of thread instead of the one.

th_Mariotallcloseupside.jpg th_Mariotallfullfront.jpg

After I took his pictures, I realized that I forgot his yellow buttons!:lol

CottonCandee, you said you used 2 strands of thread for your new Mario and he is 8" tall. How tall was the other one that was done with 1 strand? I agree, somehow the face on this Mario is "handsomer".

I used to crochet with thread many years ago, but my hands and eyes are not what they used to be. I even used to crochet hanky edgings with tatting thread that wasn't much heavier than sewing thread.

My wrists feel better and I have too much too do! My hubby's best friend is expecting his third child in July or August. He has two sons 10 and 5. So for the 10 yr old I am making a Mexican Milk Snake. I think I will make it about 36" long, maybe more.

Progress -

th_MilkSnakeProgress14-16-08.png

th_MilkSnakeProgress24-16-08.png

For the 5 yr old I am making a 8" to 10" penguin. Haven't started yet on the penguin. The hurry for me is because my hubby wants to give them the baby/children's gifts before the beginning of May. He said that work will be very busy around that time and he doesn't want the gifts to get lost in the shuffle. Then I need to make some Butterflies and some Frogs on a Holiday from the book Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts Amigurumi. I love this book, I bought one and my hubby bought me one. So I ended up with 2 of them and of course one is all I need.

The snake is now about 20" long and I still have at least 16" to 20" more to go.

• 3 weeks later...

The Mexican Milk Snake is finished. :cheer This baby turned out to be 34" long. I did it continuous rounds, I wish I had not. Looking at it now I am a little sad to see it looks so unprofessional. But my hubby says it looks prefect. So since I usually judge myself to harshly according to him, I have decided it is fine. He really is a better judge of my stuff than I am. :lol

Now it is time to start to work on the penguin for this fellows brother. Wish me luck on finding enough black yarn to make the penguin. :xfin

th_2MilkSnake5-3-08.png

th_1MilkSnake5-3-08.png

Click on them to see a larger view.

• 2 weeks later...

I was refered to this cal by MamaHooks can I join?

my frinds have asked me to make them various Amigurumi and I don't kniow if I can finish them all!

Edit: I feel acomplished! I finished to ami's i was working on.

one was a solid green turtle, and I used two wooden beads for eyes(i made blue dots on them too)

and the second was suposed to be a panda, but due to my lack of knowing how to use fun fur, it didn't go right, but I named him vinney the jewish italian cop next I'm going to make vinney a doughnut!

santi6977, thanks for joining this CAL. Congrats :yay on completing the little turtle and panda bear.

I am slowly but surely working on another little fat penguin. I just haven't been in the crocheting mood. Anyway, I am going to work on it more today. It seems like it has been waiting to be to finish it for ages. Well I guess it is time to go watch some anime and work on the penguin.

thank you, although I find it ironic; I too am crochetting a penguin!

mine is grey and white(becaues it's hard to see stiches with black)acrilic from caron, and orange coton, well I hope boh yours and ,my penguins turn out great!

oh mines halfway done btw

also, I started a few others that aren't complete yet; a gnome(think travolocity), a blue cat, and a weird looking purple monster.

pictures comeing when I figure out how to use my camera!

Well the top picture is the penguin I am currently working on. I will finish it tomorrow. He still needs his feet sewn on and his wings made and attached. I already have a bunch of other projects lined up. The bottom penguin is for my hubby, I have this one is put up for now (I work on whenever I can get time, no hurry).

th_1LittleFatPenguin.png

th_penguinamigurumi3-28-08001.jpg

I had made the penguin from Lion Brand, It came out cute. I couldn't find 9mm eyes (the craft stores only had 12mm) so I substituted some slightly rounded shank buttons I found at Joanne's. I am finishing up a fat bird. I just have to attach the tail and wings which are already done, and sew on 6mm button eyes and and a felt beak.

My latest ami:

2503817592_aa3a82ff53.jpg

He's sitting on top of my latest (knitted) dishcloth.

He's addicting I am sure his brothers and sisters will follow.

how cute:yay

I second that!

I have not had time to finish my penguin(i'm useing lion brand's patern too), but I somehow managed to find the time to start on a bear(lion brand patern as well), bear is going to be grey(body) and black(ears, and appendages) with button eyes(black)

and after those I have two cats to work on!

one purple with an anime esque face, and the other black, with a normal face and purple(button) eyes.

Also, I think this smille represents just how far off the deep end I've gone with yarncrafts!:coo

oh and I forgot! I'm also planing to make amigurumi people to look like the band members of My Chemical Romance(and helena, from their music video for helena) and clothes for them!

Sorry I haven't been on. I started my new job on Tuesday and now I am exhausted. :yawn I worked 5 days and 1 night straight. :tired Now I feel like I could pass out and not care. :out

indigo73, your ami is just too, too adorable! I love it! Reminds me of Oswald on the Noggin channel.

I will log on later in the week and maybe by then I will be awake and can actually contribute some thing like a penguin pic or two.

I know, doesn't it? I have to make another one now. That one went off in a swap. So I have to embiggin' that pattern and find a hot dog pattern, since my son now wants an Oswald & Weenie too.

I have another little one done except for the legs. One of these nights when I am done with my two deadline afghans - due the 1st and 2nd. I think one is getting mailed instead of flying out with brother (late bday prez) or mother in law (for SIL new baby). So much to do so little time.

Archived