Cute Critter CAL Amigurumi and other stitches

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh my gosh Sue your bear is adorable! I love the variegated colors. You did great and I love the eyes.

Thankx Aelita! What do you plan on making next?

The bears and the bunny are really cute

Where can I find the pattern for them? I havent joined in yet.

Here is the pattern I am using for the bear by Crochetville's own Dina!

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=31654

Evelyn, I was going to do this pattern but ended up just making mine without a pattern.

Hi, everyone. I hope I did this right. I posted a picture of two little bunnies I did for Easter on the photo bucket site. They are only the 2nd and 3rd ami I've done. I did an octopus last year that drove me a bit nuts. But they are so cute I need to do a few more.

Candee, I love the way your bear turned out.

Hi, everyone. I hope I did this right. I posted a picture of two little bunnies I did for Easter on the photo bucket site. They are only the 2nd and 3rd ami I've done. I did an octopus last year that drove me a bit nuts. But they are so cute I need to do a few more.

Candee, I love the way your bear turned out.

Linda! Those are just too cute! I am going to make my octopus next... A softee and a rattle... Thankx for the kind words on the bear too!

I'll crochet with you. I am working on another penguin. The main body is mostly finished already. Then I will be working on some more amigurumi of various kinds. I just love fluffy stuffies.:crocheting

Any pics of the penguin?

Any pics of the penguin?

Um, well I kinda had to stop on the middle of the penguin. Here is the reason - My MIL called me she wanted me to make a cute and sweet angel for her SIL. I adore my MIL, but her SIL is not so happy to receive my craft items. My MIL loves my crocheted stuff. Her SIL loves to criticize my crochet stuff. So I was in major conflict. Make the angel because I love my MIL or refuse because her SIL is not going to like it. It took me a couple days and so far I have this -

th_1angel4-01-08.jpg She is not finished and she is not my best work. But she is angel and that is what counts.

This angel has taken me 3 1/2 days to do. Normally it would take me maybe one day with many interruptions from my family. :angry She is not finished, she needs eyes, hair, a halo and wings . All of which I will try and do tonight or tomorrow. :goodorbad:thair:bang (All the things I feel toward this angel).

Oh, the reason this angel is important is that my MIL's SIL has had several brain operations to remove a tumor. It was successfully removed but she is still going to need months of therapy to recover. I feel bad for her, but she still rips all my good intentions apart. So I feel guilty if I don't do the angel, but I feel animosity toward doing the angel. And I really don't like to feel such feelings.

Um, well I kinda had to stop on the middle of the penguin. Here is the reason - My MIL called me she wanted me to make a cute and sweet angel for her SIL. I adore my MIL, but her SIL is not so happy to receive my craft items. My MIL loves my crocheted stuff. Her SIL loves to criticize my crochet stuff. So I was in major conflict. Make the angel because I love my MIL or refuse because her SIL is not going to like it. It took me a couple days and so far I have this -

th_1angel4-01-08.jpg She is not finished and she is not my best work. But she is angel and that is what counts.

This angel has taken me 3 1/2 days to do. Normally it would take me maybe one day with many interruptions from my family. :angry She is not finished, she needs eyes, hair, a halo and wings . All of which I will try and do tonight or tomorrow. :goodorbad:thair:bang (All the things I feel toward this angel).

Oh, the reason this angel is important is that my MIL's SIL has had several brain operations to remove a tumor. It was successfully removed but she is still going to need months of therapy to recover. I feel bad for her, but she still rips all my good intentions apart. So I feel guilty if I don't do the angel, but I feel animosity toward doing the angel. And I really don't like to feel such feelings.

I think the angel is just lovely MamaHooks! Give her another chance since the tumor was evidently the cause of her irrationally behavior towards your beautiful work! It is gone and and she may love your peace offering for what it is now!

Well the little angel is finished. I don't like it. I posted 2 photos on the group photo account. The eyes are wrong, they are too googly and the mouth is just ugly. But the angel is only 3 1/2" tall so it was hard to work with it. Embroidering the mouth on was killer - *note to self always embroider before attaching the limbs*.

So now I am on to either finishing the penguin or making something else. I want to be in the right mood when I start back on the penguin.

Well the little angel is finished. I don't like it. I posted 2 photos on the group photo account. The eyes are wrong, they are too googly and the mouth is just ugly. But the angel is only 3 1/2" tall so it was hard to work with it. Embroidering the mouth on was killer - *note to self always embroider before attaching the limbs*.

So now I am on to either finishing the penguin or making something else. I want to be in the right mood when I start back on the penguin.

Why don't you make another angel but this time one for you or someone else you like... that way the angel in your head will be the new one and not this one?

My little avatar is my niece and she had to be sleep deprived yesterday... So I helped keep her going & got it myself! Just woke up and thinking which to do next, octopus or dog... Me picks... the octopus. Now what colors... I think I will go to my stash and see what I have available. Multi-colors would be fun. I have different Airy eyelash colors and it is a soft yarn so I think I will see what I have in variety in colors in that yarn 1st.

I will be back with the results when I get out of my stash boxes...

I decided to make a little penguin for my hubby. I started at 9:30pm and finished it at 11:30pm. I like the little guy but I think I should have made him gray instead of blue. He looks more like a bluebird than a penguin. I just love the color blue, so I guess I am hopeless. The other thing is after taking the photo I realized I didn't line up or balance his little features very well. Oh, well I will make another tomorrow, but this one will be gray. I can try and balance it's little features better.

th_fatpenguin4-04-08.png

I decided to make a little penguin for my hubby. I started at 9:30pm and finished it at 11:30pm. I like the little guy but I think I should have made him gray instead of blue. He looks more like a bluebird than a penguin. I just love the color blue, so I guess I am hopeless. The other thing is after taking the photo I realized I didn't line up or balance his little features very well. Oh, well I will make another tomorrow, but this one will be gray. I can try and balance it's little features better.

th_fatpenguin4-04-08.png

He is just too cute!

Okay, so I put the octopus off and started Mario

HPIM0382.JPG

I can't wait to see how he turns out. I bet he will look really cool. Thank you unicorn37757 and Cotton Candee for the complaments on the blue penguin. My hubby loves it and that makes me very happy.

I made another penguin from a different pattern. This one looks more penguin-ish to me.

th_graypenguin4-05-08.png

I'm afraid I won't be making anything else for a few days/weeks. My arms/wrists/hands are acting up again. I can barely hold a hook. I look forward to seeing what everybody makes in the next few days and weeks.

MamaHooks, I love that penguin. I had made the other penguin for a swap on another site. You are right this one looks better. Do you have a link to it?

Also, where do any of you get your safety eyes from" I had gone to 2 Michaels, Joannes, 2 ACMoores, Pearl Paint & Crafts, and another craft sore in my area and couldn't get the 9mm size. A couple of stores had only the 12mm eyes. I ended up finding a card of 4 9mm buttons at Joannes and it cost much more than a pkg of eyes would have cost. It isn't worth for me to buy it on line because they have minimums on their orders and shipping charges.

Archived