Cute Critter CAL Amigurumi and other stitches

I can't wait to see how he turns out. I bet he will look really cool. Thank you unicorn37757 and Cotton Candee for the complaments on the blue penguin. My hubby loves it and that makes me very happy.

I made another penguin from a different pattern. This one looks more penguin-ish to me.

th_graypenguin4-05-08.png

I'm afraid I won't be making anything else for a few days/weeks. My arms/wrists/hands are acting up again. I can barely hold a hook. I look forward to seeing what everybody makes in the next few days and weeks.

I love the new penguin! He is really cute!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, where do any of you get your safety eyes from" I had gone to 2 Michaels, Joannes, 2 ACMoores, Pearl Paint & Crafts, and another craft sore in my area and couldn't get the 9mm size. A couple of stores had only the 12mm eyes. I ended up finding a card of 4 9mm buttons at Joannes and it cost much more than a pkg of eyes would have cost. It isn't worth for me to buy it on line because they have minimums on their orders and shipping charges.

I get my safety eyes from Hobby Lobby and online from an ebay seller. I love Sun Catcher's eyes but haven't ordered from Michele yet...

MamaHooks, thanks so much for the link to your pattern; and thank you also for the links for the eyes. Cotton Candee, unfortunately there is no Hobby Lobby on the East Coast, but their website directs you to a craft site where they do sell eyes.

Thank you for the nice words! MamaRose22, I am so sorry they don't have a Hobby Lobby where you are at! Come on down south and you can go to mine! :) What eyes are you looking for? Maybe I can help?

I recently made the Lion Brand amigurumi penguin and it called for 9mm eyes. I couldn't find them anywhere. I managed to find 4 9mm, slightly domed buttons at Joannes and substituted those. I guess if I didn't find those, I could have managed to crochet something. I don't make enough animals/dolls to buy eyes in bulk. It's just occasionally I make a critter or 2 and would like to be able to find them locally. Now I think I may be joining in the amigurumi craze and some patterns might call for them. It's even hard to find the right buttons to substitute for eyes. Cotton Candy, thanks for your offer. There isn't any specific eyes I am looking for right at this time, it's just that I would like to be able to buy a few when I need them.

I recently made the Lion Brand amigurumi penguin and it called for 9mm eyes. I couldn't find them anywhere. I managed to find 4 9mm, slightly domed buttons at Joannes and substituted those. I guess if I didn't find those, I could have managed to crochet something. I don't make enough animals/dolls to buy eyes in bulk. It's just occasionally I make a critter or 2 and would like to be able to find them locally. Now I think I may be joining in the amigurumi craze and some patterns might call for them. It's even hard to find the right buttons to substitute for eyes. Cotton Candy, thanks for your offer. There isn't any specific eyes I am looking for right at this time, it's just that I would like to be able to buy a few when I need them.

Michele at Sun Catcher Eyes has just beautiful eyes that she sells in pairs and not bulk. She also has the 9mm too! I am placing my order payday!

I took Mario to work and ended up selling him... and now have another to make for the girl I made that one for... and another order for a Mario and a Luigi! I have Mario's body done and both legs and shoes. I am working on the arms now.

Here is my little fox for this cal. I just happened upon this pattern and thought he was just so darn cute! I am putting him in my donation box for the toy drive.

100_0815.jpg

WOW he is really cute!

I have just received a Gourmet Crochet pattern from my SP Tammy G, I have been wanting to try these patterns for a while, but havn't manged to get them over here yet.

I have to finish off some WIP's then Im gonna start and make some :clap

Midds, your fox is really cute.

I just ordered some eyes and noses so I'll be ready when I do my next one. They should be here in about a week. I ordered enough for 8 so that should keep me busy for a while. They are the suncatcher eyes. She's got some cute patterns, too.

Evelyn - The wonderful pictorial instructions... http://crochetme.com/Dec_Jan_0405/reads_round.html :D Easier than explaining it.

Midds - I love the fox. It is adorable, it is better than I can do... I'm jealous. :P:devil

I agree! That tutorial is great for newbies and I love the Magic Ring, it closes up the hole entirely.

Thanks for the compliment! I think he is really cute too!

Cotton Candee, thanks for the info. Boy, your Mario is really a hit. You're not going to have much time on your hands with these orders.

Thankx!

I am real busy these days... feels good! Today I'm putting the hat on Mario and he is done. I will deliver him probably today if I completely finish him. The girl I made it for is going to the crochet meeting today too and I will give it to here there. She doesn't crochet but knits!

Here is my little fox for this cal. I just happened upon this pattern and thought he was just so darn cute! I am putting him in my donation box for the toy drive.

100_0815.jpg

Oh!!! He is way too cute! Wouldn't he be cute with a baby hound? How tall is he? You did a wonderful job on him!

WOW he is really cute!

I have just received a Gourmet Crochet pattern from my SP Tammy G, I have been wanting to try these patterns for a while, but havn't manged to get them over here yet.

I have to finish off some WIP's then Im gonna start and make some :clap

krazy-kitty ~ I just love thier patterns! Do you know which one you are going to do 1st? :think

busy-bee-lmt ~ I love Michele's Sun Catcher eyes! What wonderful colors... I need to get some next payday! :devil

evelyn ~ I use the magic ring for everything now even if it calls for ch4 join starts! It is wonderful once you get your fingers to do it right! :lol

I agree! That tutorial is great for newbies and I love the Magic Ring, it closes up the hole entirely.

Thanks for the compliment! I think he is really cute too!

Thank you for the instuctions for the magic ring

Im not a beginner but have never used that method.

I will try that[ maybe on the fox.]

I meant newbies to this method, with all the pics and easy to follow directions. :)

Archived