Cute Critter CAL Amigurumi and other stitches

Starting March 28th, I am going to start crocheting a pastel bear using baby yarn. After that I will be making two little baby purple dragons using #10 thread, a multi-colored octopus in yarn, and a furry dog where you brush out the yarn when you are done to create a nice fur.

The bear and a round ripple afghan that is about done are baby shower presents and need to be done first. The dragons, octopus, and dog are not due till August but I am going to start them after the bear.

I have already set up a photobucket account for this CAL where you can post your pictures so that we can see everyone's all together. I have already posted some toys I have already made in the past.

To look at or post your picture for this CAL::cheer

Go to http://photobucket.com/

:blush Login at the top right corner with the following

information:

username crochetvilleroundripplecal

password ripple

Make sure on the lefthand side the album picked is AmigurumiCAL ;)

:eek If there are no pictures showing or you see a lot of round ripples, then you are not in the AmigurumiCAL album, so just click on it on the lefthand side of the page and you will go there. Look and post your pics there.

This photobucket account was originally just set up for a round ripple CAL I am also in so make sure you don't post your pic there! :lol Let me know if you have any issues... :yes

So, Who would like to make a stuffed toy or doll with me?

Pick out a pattern here or do one of your own...

http://www.amilist.blogspot.com/

Oh, and yes, I do have long posts and I get off subject sometimes... and I rattle like right now... and I like to have fun and joke too!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the pattern I am using for the bear by Crochetville's own Dina!

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31654

I will be using the yarns to match this round ripple.

th_Gemmasrrminustrimside.jpgth_Gemmarrwithborder.jpg

You see varigated in the middle, then fades to purple, then fades to blue, then green, yellow, finishes with the varigated trim.

I plan on doing the body in varigated and the limbs in the different colors.

It seems like I am always making a cute lil critter or two...I would to crochet-a-long with you!

So welcome aboard to this Critter CAL

What do you plan to make little Gal?

I think I will join in. I am going to try the same bear Cotton Candee posted. I will be using Bernat Softee Chunky. I started it last night and got 2 legs and the midsection going.

Btw, this will be my first Amigurumi.

I also want to try the fox: http://nimoe.wordpress.com/2008/02/03/fox-amigurumi-pattern/

Oh, I like the fox! Welcome aboard!

Alrighty then... I have actually started the dog... and will post a pic soon. I have the body about done and 1 leg. I am using the boulce bulky brushed salt n pepper yarn and will brush it out once everything is joined together.

I frogged the dog! Got upset and am going to start over... so I will start the bear tomorrow as planned. I have my yarn, eyes, nose, and stuffing ready, my pattern printed, and can't wait to see how he comes out!

Of cousre i will join my crochet mommie in the ami critter cal. I will be doing the turtle.:cheer

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=b13&d_id=31〈=en

You are too cute... I will bring the pattern to you tomorrow at work...

Here is i<3cottoncandy's very 1st project crocheting... I am just so proud of her!

th_work007-1.jpgth_work011.jpg

This is just what I need. My DS has asked me to make a teddy bear for his teachers new baby. I've never managed to actually FINISH a toy I've started so this should help me along, right? lol I'm using Planet June's Fuzzy Teddy Bear pattern and am using RH Foxy in blue. I won't start it until next week as I need to get some stuffing first.

I'll crochet with you. I am working on another penguin. The main body is mostly finished already. Then I will be working on some more amigurumi of various kinds. I just love fluffy stuffies.:crocheting

Well, we are officially started. I have 1/4th of my bear head done. I was going by the pattern and it was looking like a football! Never saw a pattern for a head made that way. So, I am winging it already! Anyone else doing anything worth noting?

If it is okay to post mine I just did a Gothic Bunny I used Kristie's Floppy Friends pattern to make him:

GothBunny2.jpg

I got the idea of his purple eyes from a Japanese anime show I love.

If it is okay to post mine I just did a Gothic Bunny I used Kristie's Floppy Friends pattern to make him:

GothBunny2.jpg

He is so cute! I love the color variations from light to dark on the diagonal too!

GothBunny2.jpg

How are the eyes made? They seem to be shiney and not the safety eyes... and is the mouth a heart?

Whenever I make a ami for myself I use puff paints for the face parts so the eyes and nose are puff paints. I use puff paints for my god kid's ami's as well b/c they are old enough to know not to try and bite on it.

I made a bunch of bunnies for Easter...burned out on them for now :P

My daughter (16) is at school learning to be a "world famous chef". I came across a chef pattern on etsy and just had to get it for her to give to her chef...

http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=7917695

I need to finish up a few things and then I can start on Chef....

Whenever I make a ami for myself I use puff paints for the face parts so the eyes and nose are puff paints. I use puff paints for my god kid's ami's as well b/c they are old enough to know not to try and bite on it.

That's cute and I never thought of that!

I made a bunch of bunnies for Easter...burned out on them for now :P

My daughter (16) is at school learning to be a "world famous chef". I came across a chef pattern on etsy and just had to get it for her to give to her chef...

http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=7917695

I need to finish up a few things and then I can start on Chef....

That is a cute pattern! I am sure your daughter will love it!

I just finished the arms and legs... Need to make the tail and stuff it all and sew everything together! Can't believe how fast this one went!

So.. next is the Octopus I think... Maybe making a rattle this one and a plain softee one too.

Archived