Hooking For A Cure - UPDATE post #654

Daisy

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a surprise in the mail yesterday too! What a neat little case (and in my fav color.. how did you know?) and beautiful stitch markers. I've never had any "real" markers.. just used scrap yarn. Ya'll are gonna spoil me.

IMG_0007.JPGIMG_0006.JPG

This is what you all have been waiting to see so far, YOUR squares..... piled up to the ceiling....and they literally are piled to the ceiling, with no room to spare.

Yes, I can be buried in all of them. Just look at the googles of boxes and packages there are! What a treat it is to see all the caring and outpouring of support for the "Hooking for a Cure" Challenge. You all have been so patient and wonderful beyond words. Hugs to you all!

Okay, you can see me sitting on the floor with a few of Tammy's 102 squares.

Please don't laugh and make fun of how badly I look! After all, I'm just an old gray haired pumpkin with arms and legs. I don't wear makeup (only for those rare, really special occasions). I decided to sit for this picture, because your squares are much more important than I am....and I really am camera shy, but some of you wanted to see me with the packages, so here is your punishment for asking, LOL!

I sure do look mean in that picture, but really, I am a very tender little 5'3" pumpkin. I hope I'm not scaring you.

Anyhoo, I just wanted to thank you all again for your generous donations of squares, that will be made into afghans, to find a cure for cancer. Angelfire and I will be having a rendezvous at the end of July, so I can bury her with the squares and show her all of your hard work. We will then sort them all out and start making the afghans. We are both eager to start this monumental project and get the auction up and running. We will keep you all posted as to what is going on.

I also want to thank everyone for the beautiful notes, cards and gifts that were sent along with each package. If you can't see anything in the pictures, it's because I either ate it or drank it, lol. Delish!

It was amazing how each of you packed your squares to fit into the boxes and envelopes. You all are so creative when it comes to packaging. I even noticed the fabric-softener sheets that were trimmed into little hearts and tucked in the squares.....yep, I noticed that! Sweet! We also got a little bag of yarn in case we need to match colors for joining or adding rounds. I love the little yellow duckie....just darling and oh so soft! We even got a monetary donation to help defray some postage costs....Thank you so much for that! Golly what can I say, you are a great bunch of ladies to work with. There isn't a group better than this one. The dedication, committment, support, talent, perseverence and loyalty given during this "Challenge" is OUTSTANDING and phenominal! To sum it up, you are all a great group of women! Hugs to each and every one of you! I congratulate you all on a job well done! Kudos to you all! I could brag on forever about your beautiful committment to this project. I'll never forget what you have all done to make this project the overwhelming success that it's become. With all my heart, THANK YOU!

God bless each and every one of you!

Daisy

P.S. Stay tuned for the delivery of squares to Angelfire and the pictures of the finished afghans as they get made.

The final count of squares that we have, is a TOTAL of 2,748 Squares. Yes, I counted them all myself....twice!

What is that a picture of Daisy?

That's not a picture of Daisy, it's a pumpkin with arms and legs! :lol

That's not a picture of Daisy, it's a pumpkin with arms and legs! :lol

LOL when I posted the question.. all that was showing up was a picture.. and only the first one .. and NO text at all.

I thought u were teasing us.

LOL I Love that someone drew a square on the outside of their box....

That's not a drawing...it's an actual square! It's the Q-hook square that Cluless made. I just had to show it off. It's the plus one in her total. Isn't it adorable? :yes

LOL when I posted the question.. all that was showing up was a picture.. and only the first one .. and NO text at all.

I thought u were teasing us.

LOL :lol You caught me as I was posting, that's why you only saw the picture. I was in the middle of trying to finish it....I didn't think the responses would come in so fast. You're good!

Daisy!!!!! It's so wonderful to see you!! :hug You're so sweet. Thanks for sharing that with us. I was beginning to think that maybe you were buried alive . I bet you can't wait to bury Angelfire :lol.

Daisy!!!!! It's so wonderful to see you!! :hug You're so sweet. Thanks for sharing that with us. I was beginning to think that maybe you were buried alive . I bet you can't wait to bury Angelfire :lol.

You are so right! It's Angelfire's turn to get buried....it'll be a kodak moment!

Daisy, thank you for sharing these pics with us. It's so wonderful to see you! :hug

Oh my goodness, ya'll are looking at me :eek......can't we ignore me and look at the towering squares instead? :lol I'm embarrassed....I look sooooo awful! A model I ain't! :lol

wow, that picture is amazing..You are exactly what I pictured. Warm, Loving, Wonderful Person :) And Beautiful to boot! *HUGS*

To everyone who participated! Wonderful job!

Oh, my can I just tell you how overwhelming it is to see all of that. Fabulous, nonetheless. And, Daisy, thanks for showing us you HI! Nice to meet ya'. I know, I for one am grateful for what you and Angelfire have taken on and, I offer up whatever support I can send your way. Need yarn for joining? Give me a shout, I can either send you some or a gift card to buy some. Just please, let me know.

Hugs and Thank you!

Joyce

Wow what an incredable sight! I love the generosity of this wonderful group. This gives me the warm fuzzies.:ghug

I know how you feel cuz it gives me the warm fuzzies too! :hug

wow, that picture is amazing..You are exactly what I pictured. Warm, Loving, Wonderful Person :) And Beautiful to boot! *HUGS*

To everyone who participated! Wonderful job!

Awwwww, sweetie, you are much too kind. Thank you. :hug

Oh, my can I just tell you how overwhelming it is to see all of that. Fabulous, nonetheless. And, Daisy, thanks for showing us you HI! Nice to meet ya'. I know, I for one am grateful for what you and Angelfire have taken on and, I offer up whatever support I can send your way. Need yarn for joining? Give me a shout, I can either send you some or a gift card to buy some. Just please, let me know.

Hugs and Thank you!

Joyce

My sincerest thanks, to you, for your offer and kindness. I should have held up a sign to say hello to everyone, lol. If we need anything, I will be sure to give a hoot and a holler. Thank you! :hug

You are so right! It's Angelfire's turn to get buried....it'll be a kodak moment!

no camera allowed my friend. Looking forward to meeting up and getting these started. Thank you again to the wonderful participants, we couldn't do it without each and every one of you.

no camera allowed my friend. Looking forward to meeting up and getting these started. Thank you again to the wonderful participants, we couldn't do it without each and every one of you.

No camera sweetie.....just a figure of speech. I must have been out of my mind when I posted my picture. No, I retract that! I was definitely out of my mind!

Tammy how is your wrist doing? I haven't heard about it in a long time.

All healed and I have been crocheting firebears like crazy this month for the June chatity blitz. Thanks for asking. :hug

Archived