Hooking For A Cure - UPDATE post #654

Daisy

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
stopping for the night...156 squares done!

LadyWind, that is outstanding! :woo:jumpyay:cheer:jumpyay

I will be updating some of the totals later on today, but should you wonder where I am, I am crocheting, just like you......

I'm trying to reach my 100 square goal and I only have 9 more squares to go. I don't think I can make 9 squares in one day, but I'm working on it :lol.

Have fun ladies.....even if you are all burned out. I know how you feel, so the feeling is mutual among us. :hug:hug:hug

You all have gone above and beyone the call of duty and I am so proud of each and every one of you. :hug:hug:hug

:cheer:clap:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:ty:yay:yay:cheer

Now, I must go make my squares......

Candiwv, I just received your box of squares!

:ty:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:cheer:cheer:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:hug:hug:hug:hug

I love the pamper box, LOL. Reminds me of the good old days, when my grown up children were babies. Those were the days. I remember having a closet full of pampers. You would think that we had stock in the company, LOL. Thank you for the memories and of course, the GORGEOUS and extremely generous number of squares.

You are a real sweet cookie! :hug

LOL. Give me a couple of months and I will be ready to try out the 99 Award Winning Squares pattern book I received today from eBay. Anytime I can help out with something you are involved in Daisy, just let me know. Actually, that goes for any of you ladies. All of you are so kind and thoughtful. Just an absolute terrific group of people!

Goooooooooooooo Daisy! :cheer :cheer :cheer

Thank you cluless, :hug but what? No twirling cheerleaders this time? :rofl

LOL. Give me a couple of months and I will be ready to try out the 99 Award Winning Squares pattern book I received today from eBay. Anytime I can help out with something you are involved in Daisy, just let me know. Actually, that goes for any of you ladies. All of you are so kind and thoughtful. Just an absolute terrific group of people!

Awwwwww, you are so sweet! :hug

I haven't heard of that 99 award winning square book. I'll have to see if I can find it somewhere. I'd like to have a look at it. I just may want that one too. :hook It's nice to find different patterns of squares, and I thought I had them all :lol

I just wanted to show you all a picture of 63 of my 91 squares. I'm still trying to reach my 100 square goal. Only 9 more squares to go :cheer can I make it by the deadline? :think I hope so!

In the picture I have all of the cancer colors represented....every single color, LOL. It wasn't easy, but I did it. I made 2 squares for each color and 1 extra brown one for the colon cancer and walla, that made my 63.

Here it is: even though I still have to weave in the ends and arrange them in an order to assemble them. I only have them laid out here for show....not in the order of assembly.

The squares are all made from the "Circle of Friends" pattern, maybe that is why it took me so long to make them.

Hooking+for+a+Cure+Afghan-1.jpg Whatcha think?

If it is not clickable, you can see in on my blog and click on that one for a larger view.

Miss Daisy that is great. I am sure that they all will look as great as yours does. The ladies involved have been wonderfuland the outpouring of squares are amazing.

I didn't take a picture of mine, just crocheting along.

Daisy, your laid out afghan looks really pretty. I can't lay mine out.. we have a new puppy who thinks yarn is fun to play with!!

(speaking of puppy.. I think I will be running those that weren't boxed up before puppy arrived through the washer.. just in case)

I'm still crocheting away.. I'm down to one skein of the 7 peach ones I bought on ebay.. when I get it done, I'll start weaving in ends. Then I have a halfpound of Teal (also bought on ebay.. I think it's millends of Redheart soft.. looks n feels just like it.. but no labels) to make into squares. Then I will be done!!!

Daisy, your laid out afghan looks really pretty. I can't lay mine out.. we have a new puppy who thinks yarn is fun to play with!!

(speaking of puppy.. I think I will be running those that weren't boxed up before puppy arrived through the washer.. just in case)

I'm still crocheting away.. I'm down to one skein of the 7 peach ones I bought on ebay.. when I get it done, I'll start weaving in ends. Then I have a halfpound of Teal (also bought on ebay.. I think it's millends of Redheart soft.. looks n feels just like it.. but no labels) to make into squares. Then I will be done!!!

You are doing a great job. and yes Daisy's afghan is very pretty, she does lovely work

You are doing a great job. and yes Daisy's afghan is very pretty, she does lovely work

Awwww, thank you. I'm blushing :blush

th_stackomatic.jpg

254 squares or 68 inches of square goodnes and several inches of cat naughtiness

WOW, what a stack! :hug Yep, it's taller than me, by 5 inches :lol.

A gorgeous array of colors :yes

angelfire, we are going to have to rent a convention room somewhere to sort out all these colors and squares. How heavenly it will be when all these gorgeous squares are made into afghans and auctioned for the Cancer Research Foundation. I see lots of mullah raised to find a cure. Thank you angelfire, for letting me help in this small way. You are a real sweetheart! googles of :hug:hug

Ladies, how do you feel? Tomorrow is the LAST day!

Tomorrow at midnight, I will ask everyone to lay down their hooks and give it a rest. I think you all deserve a break for working so hard on this project.

This is how I see all of you at this point, me included:

:sweat:whew:yawn:tired:morcoffee:out

So, what do we say to one day to go? :cheer:clap:yay:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:woo

You all deserve to be :huged, and you all can take a :bowbow, for all your hard work. You are all STARS! From me to you, I applaud you :applause and :nworthy to all of you, and have the deepest admiration for your dedication and committment. :ty

Everyone your squares look amazing. Even though I had to move on to other commitments, I am still here to encourage and cheer you on.

I wish you all good luck with your last two days of squares.

Archived