Hey - it's not a secret!

csabers

Since the upcoming bookmark swap will be my first CV swap, I admittedly misunderstood the nature of the group and assumed that the swap would be a secret pal sort of thing. Accordingly, I have kept my recent bookmark experiments under wraps.

Now that the bookmark swap rules have been posted, I realized that there is no need for me to hide my bookmarks from the masses. So, here's what I've been working on:

These are all the Crystal Teardrop Bookmark by Denise Augostine. I started by just practicing the pattern and ended up experimenting with different threads in my stash: DMC embroidery floss, size 10 cotton and then paired metallic floss and thread with size 80 thread to produce minis. Here are the results, which are all clickable:

14199727_e862e5a5ba_t.jpg 14199775_d795a9855f_t.jpg 14199792_5ff5da3337_t.jpg 14199755_83e308343f_t.jpg 14199813_6254701cc4_t.jpg

more on my blog

Knittykim :cheer Those are very nice. Did it take you long to "perfect" working through the pattern?? I may try one, someday...

No! In fact the only one I really screwed up is the purple one (2nd photo from left, middle bookmark). It isn't "perfect". But I'm happy - that means I get to keep it! 20+ years of crocheting and this is the first thing for me! :eek

those are so pretty! I tried that pattern a couple weeks ago and failed miserably!! I can't even begin to describe what it ended up looking like. I figure I need lots of practice before I do any bookmark swaps...lol!

Those are beautiful bookmarks!!! You have done a great job with them.

I have been bitten by the bookmark bug myself so I am working on several different ones and having lots of fun :)

Archived