Spiral Scrubbie Translation

grannyjudith

Thanx, Judith. I love this pattern.

FYI....as a former ad agency owner and copywriter/proof-reader....the correct terminology when translating something from one language into another in written form is called "transcreating". You cannot simply translate written languages as many languages have more than 1 meaning for a word and in most languages the sentence structures are weird (for lack of better terminology). You must re-create the sentence(s) for proper meaning. Like I said, it's weird. Also, The American English language is the most confusing of all languages because of the many meanings of 1 word, the different spellings of words (ie: dear, deer) and our wide use of slang.

I'm glad to see someone elses version of these. I posted my interpretation of the "Tawashi" scrubbie a while back...Took me a bit to post a picture.(glad you posted a picture of the piece before you sew it) Your version is similar. Great job! Love the color of yours.

Lisa

I made one last night, too, and it took me FOREVER to figure out the sewing part. Anyways, I thought it looked like BLO so that's what I did, and it does have that spiral type pattern.

I love the pattern translation, but I think the stitching together part needs diagrams or something (no offense meant, of course!!).

I made one from the first pattern posted a while back and it came out small. Did anyone else think they turn out small? Next time I'm going to use a bigger hook and double up the yarn.

• 4 weeks later...

This is such an interesting pattern---thanks for "transcreating" and sharing it. Am involved in a scrubbies-for-charity project and am going to make one of these---definitely unique among all that have been submitted so far!

Archived