Just The Way I Like 'em Dishcloth

Krakovianka

I just made your pattern...thanks for sharing it. I had a bit of trouble with the decreasing, but guess I should use a marker next time so I can see the last stitches that I combine. I can tell that it will be stretching like I like them!!!! Thinking about joining the KISS swap and making this one!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you liked it! I'm so used to doing it, I know what to look for on that last stitch, but it does kind of disappear. If you remember that the first and last stitches should always be in the back loop, it helps keep you on track. (Even when making my decreases, I hold the front loop/back loop pattern.)

Baily, I think you'll get a squarer cloth that way, without the rounded edges. You might want to make the initial row a row of one (if you can) to make that first corner sharper too.

Glad you liked it! I'm so used to doing it, I know what to look for on that last stitch, but it does kind of disappear. If you remember that the first and last stitches should always be in the back loop, it helps keep you on track. (Even when making my decreases, I hold the front loop/back loop pattern.)

Baily, I think you'll get a squarer cloth that way, without the rounded edges. You might want to make the initial row a row of one (if you can) to make that first corner sharper too.

I don't mind the rounded corners, just want it to be evenly squareish. Mine is sort of all over the place, but I can use it just fine!!

Yeah, they can be pretty squarish when you make them, but with use, they tend to go rhomboid. I think it's just the nature of diagonal work. This is still my favorite pattern both to make and to use.

Yeah, they can be pretty squarish when you make them, but with use, they tend to go rhomboid. I think it's just the nature of diagonal work. This is still my favorite pattern both to make and to use.

It is my favorite, too. Especially done in 2 strands of #10 thread and an F hook!

I do it until more than the 45 stitches, about 60-70 or larger or so because of shrinkage, but they are amazing after being washed. Mine are forever being claimed by someone lol

They do seem more square done in thread, so it maybe the size of the cotton making a taller than wider stitch or something.

Hugs

Kath

Karen - I just finished one and it came out great, and square.

To begin I did ch 2, work 3 sc in second chain from hook.

I looked at your blog and Crow Lake by Mary Lawson is now on my list of books to read. Thanks!

bailey

Couldn't sleep tonight, and decided to make up this dishcloth - I love it! Great pattern! I love how it looks as well as how it makes up, and it was so quick! I, too, had been wanting a diagonal pattern like the knitted ones I make, and this is super.

Thanks so much for sharing it! Now I might be able to get to sleep! :-)

• 2 months later...

Thanks for this pattern as it sounds great to me. Like the rest of you I don't like thick dish rags. My daughter loves making her own dish cloths too so she is going to make some also. Thanks so much for sharing your pattern.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Just started making this and I am excited as I have been looking for a pattern with no holes and a nice texture for scrubbing. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Also like it as all the other ones that I have seen sc around when done and I don't want to do that. I think that I will make a chain loop in one corner so I can hang them. Will see. Trying to find the mitered pattern you are talking about.

Here are my dish cloths from your fantastik pattern. To make the chain loop so I can hang them decorativel off a star hanger in my kitchen I ss to the middle of the 3 sc at the end than ch 9 than I ss to join than worked back around the ch 9 following the pattern in each ch with a sc in the back look, sc in the front loop around than joined and done. I increased till I had 57 sts before I started decreasing so they are kinda square when you turn them.

post-3518-135897595415_thumb.jpg

post-3518-13589759542_thumb.jpg

Here are my dish cloths from your fantastik pattern. To make the chain loop so I can hang them decorativel off a star hanger in my kitchen I ss to the middle of the 3 sc at the end than ch 9 than I ss to join than worked back around the ch 9 following the pattern in each ch with a sc in the back look, sc in the front loop around than joined and done. I increased till I had 57 sts before I started decreasing so they are kinda square when you turn them.

They are very nice. You did a great job! Thank you for sharing! :hook

• 9 months later...

I will have to give this stitch a try. I don't care for most crocheted dishcloths for the same reasons you mentioned. I am making a rectangular cloth right now in this stitch, and also finished one earlier today, and it does seem as if it will be nice to wash dishes with. I'll have to make myself one to try it out, as these are earmarked to go to my SIL for her friends. Thanks for sharing.:hug

• 1 year later...

I just found this thread even though it was posted some time ago. I hesitantly tried the pattern and was so pleasantly excited as it really worked. It's very absorbent!!! I have tried so many stitches, combination of stitches in the past and many different types of fibers and this works. I used this cloth on all kinds of surfaces and there were no streaks left on any of them...including a glass top table. Thank you for this pattern.

I used Hobby Lobby I Love This Cotton.

Archived