Charity Items

alchemyfyr

Hi. I received some scrap yarn from two people in my community and one fellow member from here..... ShellStitch. I just wanted to show some of the items I have already made with the yarn. These will be donated to a local family shelter called House of Hope. If anyone else has scrap yarn they would like to donate feel free to PM me. I love to use up yarn for a good cause. Thanks!!

305407698.jpg

305407695.jpg

305407693.jpg

305407687.jpg

I used Susan Kraus' pattern for the SLK baby saque. If you do a search for that you should find it. It's so fast and simple. I can make one in a day and I've changed the starting chain to make bigger sizes too.

They are beautiful. I cant send you any yarn cos I think the postage might be prohibitive, but would you like one of my patterns? PM me your email if you do as I like things to go to charities as well.

I used Susan Kraus' pattern for the SLK baby saque. If you do a search for that you should find it. It's so fast and simple. I can make one in a day and I've changed the starting chain to make bigger sizes too.

Thank you for the pattern name. Found the link easily. :yes

Going to run off the pattern and put it on the WIM list.

Thanks for sharing, Deborah

can we make squares and send them? if so, what size, color etc...

That would be wonderful! For adult afghans I usually make 8" squares with ww acrylics and for baby blankets I make 6" squares with pastel colors usually sport or baby weight. I make regular granny squares and also I have a book with over 100 different types of blocks so I make fancy ones too. I always have a bag going for a baby blanket and an adult blanket and when I get enough I put them together. I also use all my scraps by tying the ends together and making a ball, then making squares with them. A lot of my baby squares are like that so they look like watercolors.

If you would like to send squares or scraps, PM me for my address. Thanks!!

Kristy

Archived