Going for the Green - St Patrick is next... CAL

darski

So far, my little nest for rabbits :rabbit being rehabbed are a hit. :clap The rabbits are able to keep their feet under them in a more natural position better with the nests than on the plastic and metal floor of the cages they have to be in. :rabbit

It's using lot's of my yarn and they stitch up quick so I can change the colors often.

:compute I'm putting some pictures on my blog tonight with a link to the pattern. If anyone wants to stitch some for me I will give you the address of where to send them.

Happy Hooking!! :rose:rabbit

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nancy that is just tremendous. What a wonderful creation that will be when you get it done. I admit to a touch of envy when I see thread work as lovely as that. :sigh

Linda, I am glad your nests are working out for the little :rabbit :rabbit :rabbit . I am just getting some Snuggles together for our local humane society myself.

http://my.opera.com/north_star/blog/show.dml/1661993

I found that pattern for making your very own Irish hat at CPC. Yah gotta love it. I was thinking of designing one of these but now it's already done! yah gotta love crocheters... sooner or later we cover everything -> with crochet :rofl

I was thinking the same thing, making my own St. Patrick's day hat. Thanks for finding this pattern:cheer.

Nancy, BEAUTIFUL table topper. I love it. You did a great job.

Debbi

I did 3 shamrocks from theCrochet A Day Calendar 2006, March 15 (the tissue cover shamrocks)... (they're on my blog if you want to see them) and as I was doing some granny squares for *Contest/Challenge* Hooking for a Cure *Contest* I thought, hmm... :thinkI wonder. There probably is one somewhere, but here is my version.

shamrocksquare.jpg

I think it turned out pretty good considering I had no idea what I was doing:lol

Debbi

I did 3 shamrocks from theCrochet A Day Calendar 2006, March 15 (the tissue cover shamrocks)... (they're on my blog if you want to see them) and as I was doing some granny squares for *Contest/Challenge* Hooking for a Cure *Contest* I thought, hmm... :thinkI wonder. There probably is one somewhere, but here is my version.

shamrocksquare.jpg

I think it turned out pretty good considering I had no idea what I was doing:lol

Debbi

Ooo I love that one. did you take notes on how you did that. I would like to try yours. I think that is the nicest join-to the shamrock- granny I have seen.

Thank you Marika. I have to confess I haven't finished my snowflake for this week yet. The deadline is certainly looming on this one! :eek

I may have to wrap what's done on the 16th and take it back after the cake and ice cream. :blush

I'm crocheting as fast as I can! :hook

:clover :clover :clover :clover :clover :clover

I've been away from the 'net for a while and am catching up - so many cute things posted! I especially like the table topper and the shamrock centered granny, a bit of a challenge to work a motif with an asymmetrical center like that.

And the lizard - is that a leprelizard? :lol

Hi Everyone,

Well the big day is here and I'm not done. :embar

I gave the table topper to my sister un-finished and brought it back home after the cake and ice cream. I'm on row 36 - there are 48 rows plus 16 large shamrocks and 12 small roses to go.

With a little luck I might be done by Easter. In my defense the pattern called for 1300 yards of white but I'm starting my third 1000 yd ball. ????

Oh well, at least we're Irish enough to display this one a little longer than just for St Patrick's Day.

:clover:clover:clover:clover:clover:clover

I hope to have a final photo to post by Sunday.

Happy crocheting,

Thanks all. It was a hat pattern posted by darski with a 4 leaf clover I found at CPC. :) I changed the hat a bit. I didn't think ds would like the top hat style so I made it more of a "gentleman's" hat. Not pictured was a small crochet bag of green Lucky" coins ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

Long time no table topper! But FINALLY, it's done. I cheated a little. My sister (the new owner) didn't want the 16 large shamrocks on the outer rounds. She asked me to limit them to the four you see. She has a kelly green tablecloth to go under it. I couldn't find it when I broke in to her house today to leave it on her table. :lol

I might hear from her when she gets home tonight.

Thanks to all for your support. :manyheart

Now...........what's next? :rofl

Tablecloth001.jpg

Tablecloth006.jpg

Thats gorgeous. I love shamrock stuff. Ever since you first told us about that doily, i've been looking for that book (i haunt thrift stores, 2nd hand book stores etc:lol) Your sister is going to love it. Jan.

Archived