Going for the Green - St Patrick is next... CAL

darski

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
can I post it right here or do I need to put it on a web page somewere? I don't have a blog to post it on.

Yes. As long as it is your original (family) pattern you can post it here. I would be happy to make one up in yarn to see if it works .. as written.

I was thinking that it would be great for me in WW cotton as a hot pad . I would love to try this.

Here is my version, I will pm you in a minute with my notes. As you can see it is pretty small in thread ( I used #10 thread and a 7 hook), I think it would be cute in worsted for a hot pad.

post-13625-135897406546_thumb.jpg

edit - Gosh, now that I see it blown up so big, I should have done a better job blocking/ironing it :lol

Wow! that is really gratifying to write out a pattern and then see others make it and have it turn out so nice! That looks really nice! Never thought of the hot pad...thats a good idea. I was wondering if I could add to it to make it big enough, in thread, to be a doily for the center of the table (centerpeice with something sitting on it)

Here is my version, I will pm you in a minute with my notes. As you can see it is pretty small in thread ( I used #10 thread and a 7 hook), I think it would be cute in worsted for a hot pad.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb272/grannysquare/Shamrock.jpg

edit - Gosh, now that I see it blown up so big, I should have done a better job blocking/ironing it :lol

boy is that great or what!!!!

Love it!!!

Well if this is just stuff for St. Patty's day then I'm up for joining. I'm in the process of making my own bootie pattern (i'm on like the 5th prototype)..I'm anal. Anyways, I'd like to make some booties in green for St. Patty's Day, maybe I can even find some shamrock buttons! I'll keep ya posted with pictures once I get my booties done:cheer

I'm looking forward to seeing these.

This is my "Year of the Baby"

so I am always looking for patterns and inspiration.

I think an Irish "set" might just be welcomed at our local pregnancy support centre.

I didn't even know that my family had made them untill about a year or two ago. the only great aunt that I knew crocheted now can't since she lost her vision. So I guess my talents must run in my blood. hehe I will post pics of my hearts so you can see them.

well..... I just noticed this CAL... saw darski say.. "It might be fun to combine the current meaning of Green with the traditional St Patty's idea and try some reduce, reuse, recycle ideas." and then I thought......oh I have LOTS of kelly green plastic bags!! Then I saw goofy's pattern and might just try making that one and hang it up outside (I live in an upstairs apt).

well..... I just noticed this CAL... saw darski say.. "It might be fun to combine the current meaning of Green with the traditional St Patty's idea and try some reduce, reuse, recycle ideas." and then I thought......oh I have LOTS of medium kelly green plastic bags!! Then I saw goofy's pattern and might just try making that one and hang it up outside (I live in an upstairs apt).

Ohhhh Yeah!!!

I want to see that one done. I love the idea.

I only have ugly plastic bags so i haven't tried the recycled plastic yet. maybe some day.

I am still trying to find a way to reduce, reuse or recycle for myself in this CAL

I was thinking instead of plastic bags (I don't have green either) a cotton shopping bag would be nice. Maybe one in green or shades of green. I think my walmart has a big cone of shades of green cotton yarn. And I've always wanted to make one. Making it in green it would be very good for this CAL as it would be the recycle color and St. Patrick days color. I've always wanted to try the No Assembly Required Market Bag .

Debbi

Ok...... I pulled out my green bags, got lots cut and into 1/2 inch loops, looping them together now. I am hoping the loops wont be too thick to use with a G or H or I hook, I normally use an N hook but trebles are tuff to do with plastic yarn.

Okay I'm considering my bag finished. I only have to fasten off (no scissors with me at lunch) and weave in 2 ends (start and last). It's not very big, but that's okay. It was a really good first bag to try and I love the verigated green.

It's on my blog if you want to see it.

Debbi

Hi everyone! I was looking for something to do today and came across this CAL. I loved :manyheart the idea and here is what I came out with:

th_DSC01883.jpg

th_DSC01877.jpg

I seem to have problems when it comes to edging :blush but I am determined to overcome that. I try to add an extra edge to everything for just that reason! lol

I like that square as well. It would work out well as an afghan with a series of filet sections and rows... like the tiny hearts or the teddy bears filet afghan.

I got stumped on trying to make the shamrock pattern. I will get back to it but I just couldn't get my mind around it so I set it down for a bit.

Ooh, pretty shamrock filet, I tried to find a similar pattern and came up with this.

http://crochet.about.com/library/nshamrockyoke.htm

Can you imagine making a nightie yoke in size 50 thread, yikes!

Darski, that other shamrock had me scratching my head a little at first on round 1, it had a some embedded repeats and wasn't symmetrical. It helped a lot to look at the picture. This would be a good symbol chart candidate. Hang in there!

Archived