Mr. Cooper Is Da Bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Everyone:

A friend of mine sent me this link about a man by the name of Mr. Cooper who crochets, he's amazing, I thought I would share it with all of you.

Click the link below and read the article. I hope I am posting this in the right category, if not I apologise.:think:think

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080122/BUSINESS/801220309/1088

Hello Everyone:

A friend of mine sent me this link about a man by the name of Mr. Cooper who crochets, he's amazing, I thought I would share it with all of you.

Click the link below and read the article. I hope I am posting this in the right category, if not I apologise.:think:think

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080122/BUSINESS/801220309/1088

It's interesting that he calls it "knot-less crochet" when most good crocheters never use knots to begin with. But maybe he doesn't know this because he was taught another way. I see, too, that he doesn't sell individual patterns, but whole kits instead. He must be getting a good price on mill ends somewhere.

I do like his work. He must use a computer to get those effects for the patterns. It's nice to see another man crocheting!

So how does he crochet without knots?

Many of us crochet without knots. When you change colors you start the last stitch with the old color & the end of it with the new color. Then you weave both ends in with a large eye tapestry needle. You weave the ends thru the middle of the stitches so it doesn't show on either side & you usually go a little bit one direction & then a little in another. There is a site showing how to do this, but I don't have it handy right now. Maybe someone else does.

Wow! I stopped knotting on my last several projects and weaved longer tails in and nothing fell apart! I would love the patterns for several of his kits, but I want to pick my own yarn, also I don't want to buy the cd to find out I already know how to do whatever it is he is doing!!

Interesting article. But like the last few people who posted here - what do they mean by knots are a staple of crochet?? I don't have any knots in my crochet either. Lots of people don't. But still its nice to read about someone who really likes to crochet. He ought to join us at the 'ville.

Archived