what would work for an edging updated new pic with edgeing post #12

I have finished a Harley Davidson afghan that i have been work on since October. But I don't know what kind of border would look good on it. I have never done an afghan with out a pattern before so i don't know what to do. Please can some one give me some advise. Thank you

Harleyafghanbeforeedging.jpg

Wow that looks amazing! It looks just fantastic!

As for an edging - I wouldn't do too fancy a border on it as you wouldn't want to detract from the graph work. Maybe just edge it with a few rows of sc in black. Or as suggested by champygirl, both the black and orange?

Very cool and amazing graphgan.:manyheart:yes:yay You could always incorporate the colors in the afghan for the border. Like go around in black, than orange, than black again. Nothing to fancy.

Well yeah, this idea makes the most scence. By the way, that looks brilliamt, well done.

Well done! Border of sc around in white, black , orange, black.

I second this one, but with the last round a round of rsc. It gives it a nice "rolled" edge and really does help prevent stretching out of shape. Very well done afghan.

Oh, just had another thought, since the ghan is so big... round of black sc, round of V-st in orange and then 2 rounds black one sc, one rsc...

I like Crochetliving, and Addey's ideas...definitely want to keep it simple, but also want to incorporate the colors of your design--which is amazing!! great job--on your border. I second the use of the rsc, or crab-st, for the last round, it goes a bit slower, but can really complete the look.

Excellent work on that ghan. :flower:clap:flower:mdust

I agree that a simple border using your colours would be good but I would suggest that you use an HDC stitch and work through back loops only. Use all of your colours in a couple of rows (or more) each so that it really does frame it.

Thank you all

if you don't mind my asking, how did u alternate ur colors? did you caryy them through or did you start and stop a lot?

I hade a different strand of yarn coming off the afghan for the different letters and the spaces in between them. So at one point I had about 55 different balls of yarn connected to the afghan. I hope that made since

Archived