Howdy-do from Texas

photojenic

Hi! My name is Jennifer (although I usually go by Jen). I live in Texas, just north of Dallas (aka: the big "D"). I taught myself to crochet in 1996. I've been away from my hooks for a long time, but now I'm back!

My first love is scrapbooking. DIGITAL scrapbooking to be exact. But since I moved from paper-and-glue to the computer, my hands have starting itching to make something that didn't require a keyboard, mouse and monitor. Lol! So I started working on UFO afghan for my DD that I stopped in 2003...and next thing I knew...I was surfing the web for crochet buddies!

I'm pleasantly surprised at how "hip" knitting and crochet has gotten over the last few years. I have a 15 year old daughter and a 10 month old son. I've found lots of great patterns for her, but not that many boy ones. Maybe that will become my "holy grail" of crochet. :D I'm also trying to teach myself how to knit...but my left hand is not used to taking orders. :eek

Glad I found ya!!

Howdy neighbor! :hi

Just had to stop in and welcome ya since I too live north of big D.

Hi Jen, :flower Welcome from the other side of the country (New York)! :) Digital scrabooking sounds really interesting. I'll be looking forward to seeing you around the neighborhood!

Hey Jen,

Welcome to Crochetville, :clap from another Texas. I live in Houston. Everybody seems to live closer to you. You will love it here & I think you will find there are some patterns out there for that little boy of yours. If not, someone will probably dream something up for you.

Archived