The Ultimate Book of Potholders CAL

knit knackack

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you are making the chicken from the book can you tell me what size hook you are using? I started one and mine seemed so huge! What sizes are yours turning out to be for the tall chicken?? Thanks!!! :hen

I use an "H" hook. I don't think you need to worry if it comes out bigger than the pattern. For a hot pad, it's my own personal opinion that it doesn't matter.

I finished my first chicken over the weekend for a friend. So I get to show it off now since he has a new home. But my hubby said I need to make a few for our home as well. Now I'm off to find some time to make some! :lol

chicken-003.jpg

I finished my first chicken over the weekend for a friend. So I get to show it off now since he has a new home. But my hubby said I need to make a few for our home as well. Now I'm off to find some time to make some! :lol

chicken-003.jpg

Yours turned out so cute!!!! I am still trying to find the time to make a yellow one for a friend. But this verigated one is too cute!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

During the time that Hamish was in hospital, after having such a hard time with his epilepsy, I too became addicted to chickens. They were small, easy to carry around, and after you did one or two, very easy to remember the pattern.

I completed

2 white ones (like the first one posted)

2 Blue ones

6 varigated Brown ones.

This photos is of a couple that I still have - the rest I have donated to the Hospital Auxilliary to sell.

dora005.jpg

I have also put one each in my two boys "hope boxes". I call them this, because we all had "glory boxes" when we were growing up, but being boys, they didn't like this name. I still think that it is important for boys to have some stuff tucked away for when they move out of home and establish their own "pad".

It took me all morning at our craft group to sew on their combs and beaks and embroider their eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

Yay :cheer- Today I finally did it and posted the money order for my copy of the Ultimate book of Potholders. Can't wait to start making :hook some of the other potholders. Have definately made enough of the other chickens for the time being.

Hopefully it will arrive in the mail next week - I can't wait...:lol

Would love to see pictures of The Turkey and the Holly Berry that you made if you have any. We are currently flooded in, so I haven't been able to organise my copy to be sent yet.

sorry it took so long, I forgot all about this thread.

here are my Ultimate pot holders. :D

233906.jpg

here is the back, i adjusted it because the pattern back was too small.

233829.jpg

Chickens!!!

081347.jpg

081336.jpg

100_3831-1.jpg

235220.jpg

The holly berry

081352.jpg

I finished the chicken and the bunny ( for Easter).. I love the way shelly_bean made a yellow one... very chick like! The rabbit was super easy..it just looked a little weird in the work up but came out cute...

I checked at hobby lobby and didn't see it. never thought to check at micheals. Wouldn't annies attic have it? I searched for it at their web site and they didn't have it.

During the time that Hamish was in hospital, after having such a hard time with his epilepsy, I too became addicted to chickens. They were small, easy to carry around, and after you did one or two, very easy to remember the pattern.

I completed

2 Blue ones

6 varigated Brown ones.

This photos is of a couple that I still have - the rest I have donated to the Hospital Auxilliary to sell.

dora005.jpg

I have also put one each in my two boys "hope boxes". I call them this, because we all had "glory boxes" when we were growing up, but being boys, they didn't like this name. I still think that it is important for boys to have some stuff tucked away for when they move out of home and establish their own "pad".

It took me all morning at our craft group to sew on their combs and beaks and embroider their eyes.

Your chickens came out great ! They are all darling! Love the colors!

I checked at hobby lobby and didn't see it. never thought to check at micheals. Wouldn't annies attic have it? I searched for it at their web site and they didn't have it.

Its a Leisure Arts brand book and the have it at their site and at Maggie's Crochet site too.

I know they had one at Michael's in Houston( i was soo mad because i looked forever and couldn't find one.) I wound up buying mine on Ebay for about the same as Maggie's Crochet including shipping. Also try amazon.com

oldbonboys I LOVE your chickens!! Can I have one for my hope box? :D (Just kidding...) I love the variegated tans ones, I might make some like that.

I would like to joing this CAL if it is still open.... I wasn't going to, but I have started the chicken everyone is making. I ordered the potholder on ebay, and the book everyone is saying looks just like the potholder... I've gone chicken crazy... :hen

Tina

I completed

2 Blue ones

6 varigated Brown ones.

dora005.jpg

Archived