The Ultimate Book of Potholders CAL

knit knackack

I know some are doing from the Ultimate potholder book, but here's a good link to some free potholder patterns.

http://www.yoopercrafts.com/potholders.html

Since this link looked funny here it is again so you can copy & paste if needed

http://www.yoopercrafts.com/potholders.html

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At last, here it is. My Hot Pink Mama Chicken.

th_HPIM0606.jpg

She was very fun to make. I'm sure to be making more of them.

I love this colour for the Chicken. My sons would die if I made a Hot Pink Chicken. My bedroom is decorated in Hot pink, as this is the only place that is only for girls.

i love that book. i saw it at Michael's the other day, talk about surprised I have had mine for a while, I made the turkey ( hard) holly berry (easy) and of course the chickens I want to make the cow, he looks cute.

i love that book. i saw it at Michael's the other day, talk about surprised I have had mine for a while, I made the turkey ( hard) holly berry (easy) and of course the chickens I want to make the cow, he looks cute.

Would love to see pictures of The Turkey and the Holly Berry that you made if you have any. We are currently flooded in, so I haven't been able to organise my copy to be sent yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have been so busy with other projects lately, I'd almost forgotten about my chickens from The Ultimate Book of Pot Holders. So here's a couple of chickens. I've made a kitchen set including dishcloth, hot pad and an angel dishcloth to match. Will be Christmas gifts for my aunts this coming year.

th_BlueChicken.jpg

th_TeaRoseChicken.jpg

those chickens are the cutiest things!!! I've got to find that book!! Thanks for another projects, ladies!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my first chicken that wasn't made from the book, but from a pattern that I found on the internet that is similar - just had to make something similar until I can get a copy of the book - just had to pay for an excursion for the eldest to go to Sydney next week - just what we need for the second week back - means that Mum's book will just have to wait for another couple of weeks. Oh well... this chicken will have to do until then.

th_DSCF3807.jpg

If you are making the chicken from the book can you tell me what size hook you are using? I started one and mine seemed so huge! What sizes are yours turning out to be for the tall chicken?? Thanks!!! :hen

I think its a "g" mine are about 6-7 inches long and 5-6 inches wide.

I stopped friday night to get the book, was all excited to get started on my chicken and the book was not in my bag. :( The cashier who was goofing off with her friends at the time of check out forgot to put it in my bag. I was ticked. Hubby picked it up for me saturday and I finished my chicken last night, I will post pics later. It is so cute!

Archived