The Ultimate Book of Potholders CAL

knit knackack

I finished the chicken and the bunny ( for Easter).. I love the way shelly_bean made a yellow one... very chick like! The rabbit was super easy..it just looked a little weird in the work up but came out cute...

Can we see a picture of the bunny, if not the chicken as well.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mom w/a Motif

oldbonboys I LOVE your chickens!! Can I have one for my hope box? (Just kidding...) I love the variegated tans ones, I might make some like that.

I would like to joing this CAL if it is still open.... I wasn't going to, but I have started the chicken everyone is making. I ordered the potholder on ebay, and the book everyone is saying looks just like the potholder... I've gone chicken crazy...

Tina

Come on in Tina - anybody is welcome at any time. I think we are just going to keep going and make as many different potholders as we want - or can.

My varigated brown chickens are actually some very old crochet thread that was given to the Hospital Auxilliary when one of our members died. It has been sitting around forever. I joined the dark brown varigated together with a lighter tan colour and crocheted the two together.

My book should be arriving any day now - yeah...

Thanks for letting me join. :clap I finished two of the chickens. Oldonboys, I used your variegated brown idea and made one out of variegated tan and white. It turned out so cute! :hook

Our computer fried and we had to get a new one. So I will have to figure out how to upload pictures to our new one to post one.

Tina

I figured it out... Here is the tan and white chicken. I want to go get some more of this cotton, I LOVE this chicken.

th_001.jpg

Tina

The soft tan colours make yours look like a baby chicken and not such a grown up chicken. I love the soft colours too. You did a great job.

My chicken is a little bit different as it is one that I found on the internet to try while I was waiting to be able to afford the book. I sent away for it 10 days ago.

Hurry up mail man so that I can attempt the next one.

Here is my white one. I finished it up today.

th_002.jpg

I want to try the pattern you did, too; oldonboys. I also ordered the 'whimsical' potholders book/let from Annie's Attic w/ the round chicken potholder in it....

Tina

Has anyone made any more of these? I got a new potholder book (the 'Whimsical' one from Annie's Attic) and made a chicken from that one, tonight. It is going to be for an RAOK though (besides the fact that it is also not from the Ultimate Book of Potholders! :lol)... So I don't want to risk the person seeing it here.... :think If there was a pig potholder in this book I would SO make it. I still want to make the chicken that oldonboys made, too. Too many patterns, not enough time... :sigh

Tina

Yes - Yes - Yes !!!!

My book finally arrived in the mail on Thursday, before Easter.

I have a wedding garter to finish testing and then I will pick out a potholder to make.

• 3 months later...

This thread has been languishing, so thought I would bring it back up to the top.

I probably posted a couple of these chickens already, but here they are again. My plan is to make more for a craft show in November.

th_GreenChicken.jpg

th_BlueChicken.jpg

th_TeaRoseChicken.jpg

th_HPIM0606.jpg

I have this book too.

I made several of the snowman in thread and used them as tree ornaments.

I would love to see one of these snowmen in picture. Could you please tell us what size thread and which needle. Thanks

• 1 month later...
oldbonboys I LOVE your chickens!! Can I have one for my hope box? :D (Just kidding...) I love the variegated tans ones, I might make some like that.

I would like to joing this CAL if it is still open.... I wasn't going to, but I have started the chicken everyone is making. I ordered the potholder on ebay, and the book everyone is saying looks just like the potholder... I've gone chicken crazy... :hen

Tina

I was wondering if you may still have a link to the ones you made. They are cute. Thankyou :-)

I found this chicken pattern on the net all you need are the wings and wala you have it :-)

Here is the link and it's called Crocheted Chicken Welcome. just make the basic chicken. I sure can't seem to find the book in my town so thank goodness for the net and free patterns lolol

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, Judy, I just now saw your post. The ones I made were from the Ultimate Book of Potholders, and I got a new one from Annie's Attic that is called... Whimsical Potholders. Glad you found the one online. I think that's the one that oldonboys was making. (But I'm not sure....) :think Anyway~~ can't wait to see your potholder(s)! I still haven't found out what pattern it is that oldonboys was using that was free, but here is a chicken one (doesn't look like any of the ones done, but...)

:clap I think I found it. It is actually a welcome sign. You could just leave off that part. It is very similar to the one in the Ultimate Potholders book. HTH, Judy.

Tina

Sorry, Judy, I just now saw your post. The ones I made were from the Ultimate Book of Potholders, and I got a new one from Annie's Attic that is called... Whimsical Potholders. Glad you found the one online. I think that's the one that oldonboys was making. (But I'm not sure....) :think Anyway~~ can't wait to see your potholder(s)! I still haven't found out what pattern it is that oldonboys was using that was free, but here is a chicken one (doesn't look like any of the ones done, but...)

:clap I think I found it. It is actually a welcome sign. You could just leave off that part. It is very similar to the one in the Ultimate Potholders book. HTH, Judy.

Tina

I made one!!! :) are they suppose to be kinda thick? Made it with peaches and cream cotton. They are so cute!!!

Yup, they are. Do you have a picture? I'd love to see it and I'm sure everyone else would, too. Aren't they fun? :hook

I made one!!! :) are they suppose to be kinda thick? Made it with peaches and cream cotton. They are so cute!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I was not part of the original CAL, but I just finished a chicken potholder yesterday. I'm inspired to make more. My sister is nagging for 'realistic' colors, but my Mom just needs potholders! The more colorful, the better.

2847719096_83a7c6c2cf_m.jpg

Archived