The Ultimate Book of Potholders CAL

knit knackack

I found this chicken pattern on the net all you need are the wings and wala you have it :-)

Here is the link and it's called Crocheted Chicken Welcome. just make the basic chicken. I sure can't seem to find the book in my town so thank goodness for the net and free patterns lolol

Yes that is the pattern that I used. Sorry that I didn't get back to you quicker but things have been hectic here with our computer going down while my two boys are trying to study for their Year 10 and Year 12 (final year) exams.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was not part of the original CAL, but I just finished a chicken potholder yesterday. I'm inspired to make more. My sister is nagging for 'realistic' colors, but my Mom just needs potholders! The more colorful, the better.

2847719096_83a7c6c2cf_m.jpg

I made one too and I was wondering is your thick? mine seems so thick. He is cute tho lolol

Here is a potholder I did from this book. finished it awhile back but am finally getting around to posting the pic. I really need to make a chicken or two.

I love your cow! He's very cute! I'm going to have to check out this book. I like the patterns I'm seeing. :D

• 4 weeks later...

It looks like Maggie's Crochet is no longer selling this book and I can only find it on ebay. I really like the chicken and the cow (I know there is an alternate chicken pattern on the internet which I already downloaded!) Can anyone with the book tell me what other patterns are in there and what level the patterns are (I'm guessing they are relatively easy!) I'm debating whether to order it on ebay but I hate ebay!

Thanks in advance!

It looks like Maggie's Crochet is no longer selling this book and I can only find it on ebay. I really like the chicken and the cow (I know there is an alternate chicken pattern on the internet which I already downloaded!) Can anyone with the book tell me what other patterns are in there and what level the patterns are (I'm guessing they are relatively easy!) I'm debating whether to order it on ebay but I hate ebay!

Thanks in advance!

It's definately worth the purchase! Here is a search link where you will be able to see thumbnails of the front & back cover.

Archived