2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

Used up two skeins on Monday and was gifted two the same day (0) Then bought two pounders at Joann's yesterday (-4) for an afghan that I am making for a girl at church. I hope to use them up before the weekend or not much later. We are putting together a care package for this girl who will be undergoing heart surgery soon and I am adding in a blanket for her to snuggle under and read while she is getting better. The package needs to be done by the 27th.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have used up 6 small balls from my scrap box making pet toys, I have also (or will be in the next hour) be gifting 12 balls of yarn to my pal in the yarn swap.

So that's another 30 for me this week

Better go and update my score

Well, I made my stepdaughter a "Stylish Shells" tote (American School of Needlework, "Trendsetting Totes") and used up 5 skeins of Peaches & Creme, sooooo.... +10 so far this week and about to start another bag from the same booklet for myself! :crocheting

Used up 1 skein of rrss last night on my sisters kitchen rug last night. It turned out really pretty. I would be closer to getting another one out of the way, but I ended up ripping out the start of the second rug, it was a different shape and came out too tight. I'll try again tonight. But

Finally finished a skein on the newest blankie +2, it's moving right along. I think I might even keep this one! :eek

Oh yeah, got a bunch'a yarn up on ebay again, anyone interested?? :devil

Finished my "In Vogue" tote (minus the little flappy, I just added a little tab for a magnetic snap instead), and used 4 skeins (+8) of peaches & cream on it. Also been working a shrug (but I'm mad at it right now lol) and have used 3 skeins (+6) on it so far (peaches & cream).

So, +14 more for the week. :cheer I'm so proud of myself. Although I think I'm about to order 6 more from Annies Attic... :blush I might have to reconsider!! lol

Oh yeah, got a bunch'a yarn up on ebay again, anyone interested?? :devil

I will not look, I will not look, I will not look.

OK, I looked :lol:lol

But I'm not buying. I'm in enough trouble this week........

Went to JoAnn's today and bought 3 pounders. Then on the way home I had to go right by Hobby Lobby. I didn't turn into the parking lot, I really didn't, the car did it all byy itself. The next thing I knew, I was in the store. I didn't realize my crutches had magical powers to take me places without me realizing it :lol:lol:lol Well, since I was in the store, I just had to go and see who was calling my name (I do know quite a few of the ladies that work there since I am in there quite frequently) and of course it was yarn calling my name. They tricked me. I just couldn't resist some of the skeins with their pitiful whiny voices, so I ended up leaving with 7 skeins of yarn :eek

That puts me at -37 for the week. OUCH!!

And lead us NOT into temptation, but deliver us from Nght's Evil Plan to drown us all in unneeded stashbusting points....

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

MUST RESIST, MUST RESIST, MUST RESIST

I did enough damage to myself the past 2 days without her tempting me.

But I guess I can't blame her for trying :lol:lol

E-bay doesn't have the instant gratification that I apparently need in my yarn shopping. Wal-Mart, Michaels, Dollar Tree and Joanne's are on my way home, every day...at this rate I will never dig out of the YTD hole I have got myself into. LYS is also next to the place I pay my rent each month. I really think they are out to get me.

And lead us NOT into temptation, but deliver us from Nght's Evil Plan to drown us all in unneeded stashbusting points....

:rofl:rofl:rofl

I think I am getting help from somewhere. I actually NEEDED to buy a skein to finish the camp blanket and I can't find the blasted color anywhere. I was in Walmart today, looked at the yarn, was disappointed and left WITHOUT BUYING ANY!!!!!!

Girls, this does not happen with me...

Guess I am supposed to get through some of my stash :lol

I am trying my darnest to stay away from the stores especially those who's yarn calls out your name :hook

I have successfully busted through a couple of skeins this week +8

Still working on bustin a few more:crocheting

Finished another skein on the Aztec Sun last night +2... see how much I can get done when DH's being a DH and I don't like him? :tryme

Still lots of yarn on ebay ladies :goodorbad

:rofl

Archived