2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update:

Over the weekend I took care of two skeins: 1 for a scarf, and 1 for the bedspread motif that keeps on keeping on. So that is +4.

I also bought a skein, so that's -2.

Hi Everyone,

I went this morning to buy ONE SKEIN of a color to go with the black scarf I am making out of Jiffy. So I found a nice red skein and then my luck ran out. I spotted the CLEARANCE RACK! As soon as I was going down the aisle, yarn kept jumping in my cart! It was unreal. So along came 7 skeins of Sweet Delight's Twist in Sherbet, one lonely skein of TLC wiggles in cherry, and three Baby Bee Lampkins in Little Princess.

All I went for was one skein, and I came home with 12! Yikes! But it was so cheap, I just had to bring it home!:devil

So I am starting my week at a -24. At least my YTD score is still on the positive side. Curse you, Hobby Lobby!

Even if I worked 24/7 on crochet, there will be no way to get that in a positive number this week.

Now I just have to figure out where to stash all the pretties.

:manyheart

I'm still considering buying a cartful of ILTY in Linen. Does anyone know how often this sale goes on? If they do this every few months, I'll wait. If this is a great deal, then maybe I'll hop on the bandwagon... :D

They probably put it on sale every 2 months or so. This week, ILTY is on sale for $2.22. One thing to mention is that if they don't have enough of whatever color you want, they will order it for you and then give you the sale price if you order it when it's on sale.

Could be a bit dangerous to your WTD score.

I tossed a skein today. It was gifted to me and unfortunately though it was supposed to be a sort of country blue, I'm not sure what got into it before it came to me. It looks like dirt (or worse) is soaked into it well beyond repair.

Well, while I bask in the glow of my Silver Cup... I'll just casually mention that I bought 11 skeins of yarn today

The good news is that I am all set to make my Native clothing and I am ready for our Crochet Games in August. I am getting rather anxious to get started on those clothes. The waiting is driving me crazy. :loco

:wlol

Come Saturday, we'll see if my -22 can take the Shoot the Moon or if it might start pro-creating in the dark storage room. ... no really that happens all the time. There is scientific evidence that yarn multiplies if left alone for any length of time. Ask anyone with a stash - they never know where all that extra yarn came from. :think

yah buying this yet?

:rofl

Well, while I bask in the glow of my Silver Cup... I'll just casually mention that I bought 11 skeins of yarn today

The good news is that I am all set to make my Native clothing and I am ready for our Crochet Games in August. I am getting rather anxious to get started on those clothes. The waiting is driving me crazy. :loco

:wlol

Come Saturday, we'll see if my -22 can take the Shoot the Moon or if it might start pro-creating in the dark storage room. ... no really that happens all the time. There is scientific evidence that yarn multiplies if left alone for any length of time. Ask anyone with a stash - they never know where all that extra yarn came from. :think

yah buying this yet?

:rofl

I may be competing for that with a -24 today. So we just have to wait and see.

Well, I'm not going to be competing for "shoot-the-moon" this week! :P

I'm working on positive numbers this week! I've got to start digging myself out of my YTD hole at some point! :lol

I may be competing for that with a -24 today. So we just have to wait and see.

Oh goody I'm free! I'm free!

I better shut up though as the week is just beginning and it's a very long time and possibly many skeins until Saturday.

I am working on a skirt and top that should use up three of those skeins even as we type.:crocheting

They probably put it on sale every 2 months or so. This week, ILTY is on sale for $2.22. One thing to mention is that if they don't have enough of whatever color you want, they will order it for you and then give you the sale price if you order it when it's on sale.

Could be a bit dangerous to your WTD score.

Actually, it's on sale for $1.87 a skein on craftsetc.com and there's free shipping after $25. It WILL be dangerous for my score when my order arrives.

I was just going by the sale flyer in the newspaper for HL. $1.87 is even a better price. And with free shipping, someone better hold on to my cc so I won't be tempted.:devil

UM...I never tried the ILTY. Guess I don't know what I am missing? Are these $1.87 skeins 4 ouncers?

I didn't get to post last weeks score so I'll do it for this week.

I bought 15 skeins at Walmart. They had baby yarn for 1.00, couldn't resist that!

So I am +15, but finished up 2 skeins on the filet I was doing. That gives me +13 this week.

UM...I never tried the ILTY. Guess I don't know what I am missing? Are these $1.87 skeins 4 ouncers?

I didn't get to post last weeks score so I'll do it for this week.

I bought 15 skeins at Walmart. They had baby yarn for 1.00, couldn't resist that!

So I am +15, but finished up 2 skeins on the filet I was doing. That gives me +13 this week.

ILTY is 7 ounce solid and 5 ounce variegated skeins.

It is softer than RHSS, but I have had some problems with it pilling and fuzzing after using it for a short time. Washing it didn't help.

Just so you know, each skein is worth 2 points, so if you bought 15 skeins, that would be -30.

Each skein bought is a negative 2 points, and when you use or give away a skein, it is positive 2 points.

Check the first post of this thread for the scoring.

Have Fun!! We are...well, most of the time :lol

Mel... I'm thinking I have a few points to claim... :lol

I haven't bought ANY new yarn since the beginning of the year (well, except for the garage sale deal my mother got)... I figure 6 months without a purchase was good! I just went a little overboard, though! :lol

Mel... I'm thinking I have a few points to claim... :lol

I haven't bought ANY new yarn since the beginning of the year (well, except for the garage sale deal my mother got)... I figure 6 months without a purchase was good! I just went a little overboard, though! :lol

6 months without a yarn purchase???? :faint

I need that kind of will power.

What is your secret???

Lack of time, lack of money, too many WIPs, a little willpower... high gas prices (stores are far away)...

I have also decided that I am only going to buy yarn when it is a REAL deal.

I have reminded myself that the more yarn I buy, the longer it will take for me to work with all the beautiful yarns that I have already bought.

I haven't been reporting scores recently but here is what I have been up to:

6/14 busted a skein

6/20 busted two

6/22 busted a skein

So I am now at a positive 7YTD even though this week is only a +2 so far. I hope for some more points this week, yay!

My wonderful FGM sent me a RAOK package with pattern booklets and 5 skeins of cotton for -20. However I pulled out skeins for gifting so I am just out of the negative! I have a pkg to get ready to go out. :)

Archived