2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

I think I'm going for a zero this week. Been doing a lot of reading instead of crocheting.

As Long as I stay away from JoAnns and the sale on cotton, I won't get in the negative numbers.

I was teasing my son if he needed any hooks because they were on sale and he looks at me and says that he doesn't, and neither do you, Mom. Awe man, he's on to me.

:manyheart

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spent the day at the pool designing and making a purse for a friend. That puts me at +6 for the week so far.

I made it with the small skeins of cotton and not the cones I am using right now. I love the cones so there is no adding skeins, but the cones take forever to use up :yes

I used 4 balls making squares for a friendship-ghan and flower squares for a baby afghan (+4). A friend giving me yarn she said a neighbor was going to toss out if nobody wanted it :angry. She believes nothing should go to waste (how can I say no with that kind of logic :sigh). She said there's some full skeins of brown and a lot of different colored balls. She'll drop it off later in the week (I hope after Sat.). Maybe I can get the local knitting group to take it :devil. Maybe the brown will good for teddy bears.

WTD Score: + 9

Ellie 13

But it's just part of being a parent. Nothing that an hour alone with a ball of yarn and a hook can't cure (or at least calm you down)

I have been crocheting a lot more lately. I guess it's my way of dealing with him driving, and working his first job. How did our babies get old enough to drive? :think I'm certainly not any older!:laughroll

I finished another skein on the purse which is now done. I'm working on a hat now using the last two skeins of that yarn, so hopefully they'll go quickly, too.

+8 for WTD, and YTD of -94

Shame on me. I haven't picked up a hook all week. Read "Sail" by James Patterson instead.

My back is acting up again big time, so I've been crocheting up a storm to keep my mind off of it. I've been laying out at the pool in a comfy lounge chair with my hooks and yarn :lol

I designed and made a purse for my friend's daughter. She saw her mom's and asked me to make her one too. I used 2 skeins on it. I am working on a Swim Suit cover up and used up a cone of Sugar 'N Cream on it.

So that puts me at +12 for the week so far.

My back is acting up again big time, so I've been crocheting up a storm to keep my mind off of it. I've been laying out at the pool in a comfy lounge chair with my hooks and yarn :lol

I designed and made a purse for my friend's daughter. She saw her mom's and asked me to make her one too. I used 2 skeins on it. I am working on a Swim Suit cover up and used up a cone of Sugar 'N Cream on it.

So that puts me at +12 for the week so far.

I sure hope you feel better soon. Back aches are the worst!

I know doing something keeps your mind off the pain. I worked on a lot of hats this winter recovering from knee surgery.

As for me, I made a hat and a bonnet and used up 3 points worth of yarn! I guess I'm off my crochet lazy and will be trying to get more done. Maybe even packing up my bag and heading towards the beach today.

Another ball used (+1) and 1 skein rolled (+1) :yay. I mailed out my friendship squares today. Still no :yarn from my friend yet :whew. Maybe I can get through Sat. without adding any points :D.

WTD Score: + 11

Ellie 13

Archived