Groove-Along

JulieKay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been joining mine as I go as well. I hate the joining part, but then I don't have all those little squares laying around driving me nuts. ;)

That's how I'm doing mine too. I hate the joining and the weaving in of ends but I can tolerate it in small doses!

Kim

I found doing it as I go along helpful too.

Now if you do have a lot to do (joining, weaving in ends) that you don't like to do or just have to do, you can pop in a favorite movie or music CD and do as much as you can until it ends. This way you can work on your project but not have to concentrate since it's your favorite and you've seen/listened to it a million times. And since it's your favorite you're going to stay there and do it.:lol. That's what I've had to do before. In fact you could even play a series of movies (such as a triology) or a few CD's if you need to.

Debbi

Thank you all for your encouragement. Now, I need to get with it. Yes, I've been trying the weave in method, so I think I'm fine there. It's just sitting down and putting everything together. That's my plan for this weekend - put everything together!! I'll have to keep you all posted, so you can nag me about it!!

I've started my Babette! I laid out the design on graph paper b/c I want a large one to go over a queen bed as a coverlet. Its gonna be alot of squares :whew but since they go so fast, I can work on this whenever. I'm using ww too, and bright colors. I have about 8 4row squares done and I'll probably work on a part of the graph layout at a time so it won't be so overwhelming at the end. This will probably be a long-term project too!!

I've started my Babette! I laid out the design on graph paper b/c I want a large one to go over a queen bed as a coverlet. Its gonna be alot of squares :whew but since they go so fast, I can work on this whenever. I'm using ww too, and bright colors. I have about 8 4row squares done and I'll probably work on a part of the graph layout at a time so it won't be so overwhelming at the end. This will probably be a long-term project too!!

Post pics when you can so we can see your colors! Everyone's Babettes have been so pretty and each one is very unique. I'm so tempted but I don't want to start another big project right now....

Kim

Hi, every one! I didn't join your Groove-a-long, but did use it for inspiration. I made a babette using totally all my scrap yarn. I posted photos in the home decor show and tell.

Just wanted to thank you all for sharing your work and inspiring me!

Rock on!

:hug,

Lorry

If you're going by the size of the one in the pattern, realize that it used a smaller hook and yarn. The one in the pattern is about 40x43 or something. I'm using WW and it's going to be a big blanket. But that's fine. I want that!

Hi, every one! I didn't join your Groove-a-long, but did use it for inspiration. I made a babette using totally all my scrap yarn. I posted photos in the home decor show and tell.

Just wanted to thank you all for sharing your work and inspiring me!

Rock on!

:hug,

Lorry

I saw it, it looks great. I don't think you had time to join as you did it so fast:yes. I'm using some leftover yarn (okay yarn I never used or some I used a bit of) and some new.

I did 5 more squares yesterday and posted them on my blog, I won't be doing any today (have another project and other things to do) but I am working on it.

Debbi

I made my babette for a gift for a young man graduating high school. He wanted to take an afghan with him to wrap up in between wrestling at his tournaments. So, I did it pretty fast.

I used a G hook and WW weight yarn and it was as big as the top of our queen size bed.

Now I want to make another!

Thanks for all the inspiration, all your projects rock!

:hook,

Lorry

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

My section 6 ISN'T matching up with section 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohmygosh................................what have I done!!?!?!?!

:eek:think

Blah.

Hey cool man! May I still join??? I have just started a afghan that I designed.... it is a funky,groovy one.... I can't wait to get it far enough to be able to show yall! It has a peace sign design in it and is done with grannies... and it is going to be far out! I love all of your groovy item that you have come upe with!

Thanks!!

Here's the pic of my groovy bag...haven't gotten it whipstitched yet, but I did get the lining done!! Still need to do a handle too...think I'm gonna use the ladybug material instead of crocheting mini blocks. The bag is 14x14 with the black border.

Groovy Bag: th_DSCF0104.jpg Material: th_DSCF0101.jpg

Poochie, can you take a picture of what you've done??

Take a picture of how it doesn't match up?

I can't.....I've already taken that part apart......

BeasteezGurl

Love the squares!

Take a picture of how it doesn't match up?

I can't.....I've already taken that part apart......

Maybe lay it so it is how you would put it together. Then we can get an idea.

I'm thinking there are going to be some that we are going to have to kind of stretch or even tighten up. I did a few that way but by just 1 or 2 stitches and figured it was me. I don't know if it'sthe pattern or if it's the way I crochet.

I am using mostly RH ww, but also have a couple colors that are Caron PerfectMatch. I'm fairly new to making stuff, but so far the Vanna's Choice and Caron PM are really nice to work with. I like the RH too, but the others are softer i think.

I plan to sew all my squares to gether at the end. I want to lay them all out on the living room floor and see how it looks the best. I might regret doing it this way but that's OK. I don't really mind the sewing together part. I find it nice and mindless :D Makes a nice break for my brain :lol I am finishing up the four and two rounds now and have all the bigger ones complete (ends put in along the way - except one tail to use for joining) I am taking a bit of a break from this one right now to finish up a couple other things and then I'll be back at it in a week or so.

Archived