Groove-Along

JulieKay

Yesterday I finished a cotton shawl that I think would qualify as groovy! It's this pattern http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/ccc-shawl.html?noImages=0

I had some Patons Grace in Tangelo, a variagated orange color, and it was really fun to work with! The color is very 70's. I'll post a pic as soon as get some sunlight in the house and can take a good one.

I'm back to work on my Circle to Square Blanket today!

Kim

I have that pattern printed out already - love it!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:dance I got my second square done! I did it in the same colors but not the same order...kinda got babette-itis from all these cool blankies you all got goin on!! I wanna make one now!!

I am putting on the black border now, its taking as long to do it as it did to make the whole square!! :crocheting:eek:crocheting:yarn

I started making the little squares for the shoulder strap too...they take all of about 5 minutes!!

I need a deeper bag, so I think I'm gonna add more rows to the top of the square in black - the flap will cover it so it doesn't matter that its not part of the actual square (i think anyway!)

:photo When i get more done i'll put on a new picture (now that i know how!! :yes

Peace, Love, and all that cool jazz!!

Last night I was at walmart and wanted more bright colors for my afghan. I'm lovin' the bright colors. I saw the bright yellow I didn't have before and picked that up as well as the turqouise (love that one) and the Kelly Green. I made 2 squares using the bright yellow and it's going to blend in nicely (no pictures). I'm using lighter and darker colors with the bright so it's not an all bright afghan. I couldn't have one of those. Well I don't think so.

Debbi

Here are some pics of the Country Cotton Shawl I finished this week. I think it has a 70's look to it and I loved working with the Patons Grace. The color is Tangelo and the shawl is made with double strands. It was fun to make!

Kim

cottonshawl005.jpg

cottonshawl007.jpg

Kim great shawl! I shouldn't have looked :no. I just love shawls :manyheart.Yours is beautiful.

Debbi

Thanks so much! It's definitely one of my all time favorite free patterns on Lion Brand. I love making shawls and this one was quick and easy!

Kim

Okay I may have to try this shawl.... or maybe force myself to finish other projects and hen bargain with myself, when I finish 2 others (just about finished) I can do this shawl... :yes

Babettes - wanted to share my hany idea I like this idea, I think, would work great for those doing the Babette. You have a bucket you keep the different colors in. I think it will work for me. I just pull a skien out of the bag and it never gets back in :blush well until later, so I have a bunch by me or on the ground or both:blush. :lol I think this will help a lot for me anyway and thought I'd share it.

Can't wait to see more Babettes on here!

Debbi

Hey everyone. I just started my groovy project (finally :lol) It's called the Phychedelic Sling Bag from the 08 CAD calendar. So far it's looking pretty good but it's bigger then I thought. I think it would look great felted too.:yes

I'm back on track with my Babette blanket. Yesterday I finished making all of eight round squares and did a few more six rounds. I now have all the biggest ones complet and am working my way down to the smaller ones and will join everything together last. Here is my list:

13/50 - 2 rows

2/49 - 4 rows

5/16 - 6 rows

7/7 - 8 rows

2/2 - 10 rows

2/2 - 12 rows

I'll post some pictures soon :manyheart

I'm back on track with my Babette blanket. Yesterday I finished making all of eight round squares and did a few more six rounds. I now have all the biggest ones complet and am working my way down to the smaller ones and will join everything together last. Here is my list:

13/50 - 2 rows

2/49 - 4 rows

5/16 - 6 rows

7/7 - 8 rows

2/2 - 10 rows

2/2 - 12 rows

I'll post some pictures soon :manyheart

Wow!!!:clap:clap

Archived