Groove-Along

JulieKay

Julie great progress there, cant wait to see pics.

Athba thats great that you have your yarn, now deciding what to do is sometimes even harder.

Valerie howdy doody.

Clare hows it going, are you getting the hot weather that we are having here in Adelaide.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you everyone! The pattern for the pillow is this one at Crochet Me

http://www.crochetme.com/issue_1/fun_flower_pillow.html

there is a bit of a problem with the pattern though....on the last round before you attatch the yarn to make the petals.....there are 2 extra stitches here....so on the last round of increases I would skip 2 increases (space them evenly ...one on each side of the circle). Then you will have the correct number of stitches to make 5 petals with 2 sc spaces between each one.

More squares done over the past couple days :yay

Two of the ten round squares:

th_DSC07156.jpgth_DSC07155.jpg

And two twelve round squares:

th_DSC07154.jpg th_DSC07153.jpg

Doing up the bigger ones first was a good idea (for whomever posted that!). I'm working my way backwards and next I'll get on to the eight round squares (have one done already). I think I'll wait til all the squares are done before I start sewing together the pieces - that way I know how they all look together. But I may change my mind too :lol

Pretty colors!

Here's what I've done so far. I decided to join as I go. I've been making up 4 or 5 squares at a time and then joining. I'm sure that's not how it's meant to be done, but so far it's not been bad.

2151178479_4aaefacd18_o.jpg

That's awesome! I started joining mine too.

Okay, Mr Sun showed his pretty face and now I have photos of my Groovy Bag. Took a while. Have you ever tried taking photos with a kitten running under your background thinking you set a tent up just for her? :lol

Anyway.....I put 'em on a page by themselves because it needs some explanation.......

www.happyyellowhouse.com/groovy.html

Not happy about the body color choice I made but I ain't doing it again :lol

That bag is divine!

How are you doing it? Section by section? Square by square? I've starting doing all the two round squares....and labelling them....but I'm not sure this is the best way.....:hook

I don't have the pattern, so I just sketched mine out on graph paper. I started in one corner of the blanket and I'm joining as I go. HTH:)

Tab- well, as long as I'm in a CAL, I don't seem to worry too much about stepping on toes -- say whatever you want .

The PS is going good, I think I posted about it in there this morning, but can't remember- I'm still on the 3rd round ( 3rd color,the part that goes 1-2-1-2 .)

Wow. I was going through the posts since I last posted (read most, not all). Everyone's been doing great.

I thought of the bag made and was giong through a magazine and saw one that said "Hippie Bag" and thought it would be perfect for this CAL and looked cute too. So I made it. I did a few changes (as I usually do). Blue Beaded Bag & Cell Phone Holder - link to my show and tell.

I am definately going to do a Babbette now. I love the name of us and the ones that are getting done.

I'm going to use left over yarn, although I will need more as I've been doing 3SUB's and have used a lot of my yarn. I did find a bright green and blue (turqouise) at walmart and grabbed them for the babbette, since I don't have a lot of brights. I will be using Red Heart WW SS yarn as that's my main yarn I use.

I love the idea of starting with the largest, but I think I'll do a panel at a time so I can very it and keep me interested. Definately weave in ends as you go except the last to sew together. I found that out with my Friends Afghan I made for christmas. It was only 2 colors on each square, but took way too long to sew and then weave in ends:P. Won't make that mistake again.

Debbi

Athba your colors are nice and either pattern will suit those colors.

Michele great bag, I love it and thats a good idea to put ribbon through the handle to stop it stretching.

I have been joining as I go with the Babette and weaving in ends after each square.

Athba, I think your colors would look beautiful for either pattern! :c9

Here's my next blanket, it's somewhat groovy and definitely very cute. I love the colors!:cheer

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/70476AD.html?noImages=0

As soon as I'm finished the Circle to Square blanket, I'm going to start this one. :yes

Kim

Athba-those brights are so pretty, I could use nothing but them the rest of my life and make tons of beautiful afghans. I gravitate toward them everytime I'm at J's. No matter what you make, it'll be beautiful.

Kim-that baby blanket is great. Like the round version of babette. :lol I have never heard of that yarn, though.

Kim-that baby blanket is great. Like the round version of babette. :lol I have never heard of that yarn, though.

I've only seen the Cupcake yarn on the Lion Brand site, haven't seen it in Joanns or Michaels. I'm not sure what yarn I'll use but I think it's a gorgeous blanket...and like you said, it's the round version of the Babette which I just love! :manyheart

Kim

ugh i still haven't gotten to start this, but I did get to make a few itty bitty squares to put aside from some scrap I had left over. Mindless crochet is so much simpler when there is a 16 month old bouncing on your month old incesion lol.

Debbi-thanks for sharing the photos-- very pretty work !

Athba- I think the colors would look equally as good on either one-- just pick the pattern you like best .

Kim-thanks for sharing the pattern link-- that is really neat !

To all the others yet to start or not very far-- no pressure, just do it as time allows . This should be fun, not a JOB . :)

Everyone is just doing so great! I admire all of you for tackling that Babette Blanket pattern...it is awesome, and what a treasured labor of love to make! Hang in there....they are looking fabulous! Thanks stormdrac for the link to the flower power rug! It is adorable and I am thinking of making one for my daughter to go with the pillow! Love those bags as well ladies...this whole CAL is like a blast from the past! What fun! I Love all the photos of colorful yarns you are all posting:c9

Archived