My Aunt's Christmas gift... pears galore.

darski

I found these neat faux suede place mats and my aunt loves to set a pretty table so this is where I started. I knew I would add on but it was going to depend on what I found to 'go with'.

I found the set of 4 dessert plates with the pears motif and then I had my inspiration.

Here is the full set consisting of :

suede place mats

pear dessert plates

candle which goes well with the set

candle coaster (adapted from Annie's peppermint one)

5 hot mats - 3 pears, a veggie bowl hot mat and a platter hot mat.

gift1.jpg

The full set

gift2.jpg

candle coaster, and hot mats

gift3.jpg

My favourite pear shapes.

gift4.jpg

and a close up of the coaster

Fortunately, she loves me dearly so I know she will be happy with this (I get away with so much that way :wlol )

The 100% cotton yarn (doubled for the hot mats) is a Bernat Handicrafter but I can't remember the colour. There are moments when I have regretted the darkness of the ombre but it does work with the set. The candle coaster is alternated with a cream Bernat cotton

Wow, what a nice set! Is the pic of the hot mat the same as the faux suede place mats or am I missing something?? Luv the pear shape pot holders or place mats, whatever they are, they are KEEN!

The faux suede placemats are the beige rectangles under all of the other stuff.

Place mats - for me are the pieces of fabric that you use on the table and put a plate on for supper. The Place mats mark a Place where people will sit. :wlol

The hot pads are made in double strands of 100% cotton. (both the pears and the regular round and oval ones)

Archived