Squares for a Special Young Lady Needed - UPDATE POST #73

CDBear

I have done black a lot, but when I am doing squares for kids I really like to use the Red Heart or Caron? denim blues variegated colors in the one pound skein. It is enough to do it all and looks really nice with all of the other colored granny squares. Somehow, in my mind I find black a bit depressing and not pretty in most kids rooms....sorry if I offend some who like black, but that is just my opinion. And for a girl, I might just use hot pink or a color she really likes. afghanJune.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for clearing that up! Oops...I have never done that. Guess I better start. Thanks CD Bear for putting them on for me. I just mailed them yesterday so you should have them by Monday at the latest!

No problem Deb!! I'll watch for them!!!!

I have done black a lot, but when I am doing squares for kids I really like to use the Red Heart or Caron? denim blues variegated colors in the one pound skein. It is enough to do it all and looks really nice with all of the other colored granny squares. Somehow, in my mind I find black a bit depressing and not pretty in most kids rooms....sorry if I offend some who like black, but that is just my opinion. And for a girl, I might just use hot pink or a color she really likes. afghanJune.jpg

I'm not offended at all.........at first I thought I'd use the pink/purple variegated, but I don't want to take anything from the beautiful squares y'all sent. I do like that denim blue though. What I think I'll do is take some of the squares with me to Michael's or WalMart, and see what they look like with each color..........

Thanks for helping me to see another view, Texasredhead!!!!

I'm not offended at all.........at first I thought I'd use the pink/purple variegated, but I don't want to take anything from the beautiful squares y'all sent. I do like that denim blue though. What I think I'll do is take some of the squares with me to Michael's or WalMart, and see what they look like with each color..........

Thanks for helping me to see another view, Texasredhead!!!!

What about White? I think the squares would really "POP" with it!

What about White? I think the squares would really "POP" with it!

I'm just not wild about using white Deb........I want the blankie to be something she (and her mom) won't be afraid to use. Ya know?

I'm just not wild about using white Deb........I want the blankie to be something she (and her mom) won't be afraid to use. Ya know?

I also saw an afghan edged with camo pink and black,,,it was stunning!!!! One the squares are edged with the same color, they all seem to work no matter what colors they are. :hug

I also saw an afghan edged with camo pink and black,,,it was stunning!!!! One the squares are edged with the same color, they all seem to work no matter what colors they are. :hug

Camo Pink?!?!?!? Oh man, does that give me an idea!!! I have a good bit of that in my stash somewhere.....I'll have to try that!!! You are SO awesome, girl!!!!

Thank you so much ladies!!!! :manyheart:hug:yay

I think I have enough squares, with what Nan and Nana have promised, along with any more that are on the way. I can't wait to put the squares together, and show y'all what we've come up with!! I'll keep you posted as to the progress, and when I give it to Tana.

This is the bestest place in the whole wide world!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

An update.......

She went back to school on Monday, but is still not feeling well. I don't think she's gone back this week....... She's not able to do a bunch without hurting. I think her mom is considering a second, and third opinion......

An update.......

She went back to school on Monday, but is still not feeling well. I don't think she's gone back this week....... She's not able to do a bunch without hurting. I think her mom is considering a second, and third opinion......

She and her family are in my prayers.:hug

I sent 4 squares out on 01/02 or rather I had my daughter do it for me. If you don't get them I will send some more.

• 3 weeks later...

Please forgive me for not posting sooner.......

Tana is back on Homebound Status, and has an appointment with another doctor next week. In the meantime, she has begun radiation treatment. It's been hard for her to keep food down, but her spirits remain high.

I plan to put squares together later this week, and will post some pics. Since going back to work, I'm finding my crochet/knit time is not as abundant as I would like. Again, I thank you all for your generosity and your prayers.....

Love,

Christi

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I finished the blankie last night!!! As I was going through the squares, I noticed that most of them had a pink/purple theme, so I decided to use them for Tana's blankie. I'll be using the rest for another blankie for another young woman we know who just found out she has cancer as well. She just turned 21.....

John has the camera at work, but he's supposed to remember to bring it home today, so I can take some pics.

Again, thank you to all of you who contributed to this cause. Because of you, two young women will receive warmth and comfort.

Hello!

I finished the blankie last night!!! As I was going through the squares, I noticed that most of them had a pink/purple theme, so I decided to use them for Tana's blankie. I'll be using the rest for another blankie for another young woman we know who just found out she has cancer as well. She just turned 21.....

John has the camera at work, but he's supposed to remember to bring it home today, so I can take some pics.

Again, thank you to all of you who contributed to this cause. Because of you, two young women will receive warmth and comfort.

I can't wait to see it! I'm sorry to hear that another young lady has been diagnosed with cancer. If you need more squares for her blanket, pm me. I'll be happy to send more your way. :hug

Archived