WNTC does it again...

That hat is definitely a "winner". :lol

I have to make a comment, however, about some of the other items they raked over the coals on the What Not To Crochet site. OK, I will be the first to admit that I'm not the first one that the editors of Vogue turn to for fashion advice, but so many of the things they trashed on that site, I thought were really quite nice! Yes, some of them were really out there, but some were rather nice, or at least I thought so.

Elle

I find that to be true as well but once in a while they get a clear :loser

they are discussing a pineapple keyhole tie and I rather like it.

Well there are plenty of pple wearing dead animal fur round their bodies. I pick the children I look after from a private school and there was a woman there with a fur scarf on. It looked like bits of dead ferret round her neck. I suppose I could make one of these hats and say "At least no turkeys were harmed in the making of this hat". lol.

If only I had the time to make one to wear to the nativity play. It would certainly turn heads rofl. I think it is ace. Imagine me telling the kids behave or I will pick you up wearing this hat. oh they would be so well behaved.

I find that to be true as well but once in a while they get a clear :loser

they are discussing a pineapple keyhole tie and I rather like it.

Oh, I agree! There were some there that made me laugh out loud! :lol

And yes, I saw that pineapple keyhole tie, and I thought it was rather cute as well. I thought it would be cute with a dressy blouse.

Elle

I agree, every now and then there is something okay on that site. However I personally don't like the pineapple scarf/tie. :)

Ok, I think that pretty much tells us all we need to know... Turkey/yes... Pineapples/no.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Ok, I think that pretty much tells us all we need to know... Turkey/yes... Pineapples/no.

I think you're once again twisting my words. I don't like the turkey either. I just don't see what the big deal is if someone wants to make it. It's her time and yarn to spend how she wants. There are many things on this board that I would never make or want. That's what makes the world so great, we all have different tastes. ;)

I like it on her site as a tea cozy, would make a neat Thanksgiving centerpiece but you would not catch me dead wearing that thing on my head

Well, only like someone above said, if you were wearing it to watch the Macy's parade or something. Or were maybe dressing up as "stuffing" for Halloween, what with the whole being ahem, shoved into a turkey's hinder-ender and all.

I'll give the designer points for way out there creativity, but it's not my thing. I like neat and orderly; I love amigurumi for that reason, no matter how wacky it is, it's almost always got neat and orderly stitching; I almost always dislike freeform for the same reason; no matter how functional the object is, it's chaotic and full of different stitches and textures and it just plain ole' bothers me.

But others dislike the plainness of amigurumis and adore the splash and verve of freeform, so it really is just a matter of taste.

But we can all agree avocado green and traffic cone orange in the same afghan are, in fact, a crime against nature?

I think you're once again twisting my words. I don't like the turkey either. I just don't see what the big deal is if someone wants to make it. It's her time and yarn to spend how she wants. There are many things on this board that I would never make or want. That's what makes the world so great, we all have different tastes. ;)

I might be wrong, but I thought Darski meant it as a joke, that's why I responded in the way that I did. If I was wrong, please accept my apologies. I would in no way make fun of someone's taste in that way. Even among those who thought the hat was cute, I doubt we'd see any of them wearing it to a formal dinner. It's quite possible to think the hat is cute without it meaning that a person has no fashion sense, in my opinion. What fun would life be if everything in it was perfect and accepted by all?

Elle

Well, only like someone above said, if you were wearing it to watch the Macy's parade or something. Or were maybe dressing up as "stuffing" for Halloween, what with the whole being ahem, shoved into a turkey's hinder-ender and all.

I'll give the designer points for way out there creativity, but it's not my thing. I like neat and orderly; I love amigurumi for that reason, no matter how wacky it is, it's almost always got neat and orderly stitching; I almost always dislike freeform for the same reason; no matter how functional the object is, it's chaotic and full of different stitches and textures and it just plain ole' bothers me.

But others dislike the plainness of amigurumis and adore the splash and verve of freeform, so it really is just a matter of taste.

But we can all agree avocado green and traffic cone orange in the same afghan are, in fact, a crime against nature?

What's wrong with "traffic cone orange"?? (Red Heart SS's version of that is the Vibrant Orange)

I was making an emerald green and bright orange afghan a few years back. Nearly finished it when I ran out of the green yarn. It's now a dog blanket for my aunt's pug. It would have looked really cool if it had gotten finished.

Ok, not that I like the hat, but have you seen what is worn at Football games? Chunks of Cheese, Pirate Ships, Eagles, Dolphins and let's not forget the Horse. This just prooves some people will wear anything.

Not my style, but thanks for the chuckle.:lol

Archived