for child unknown - DOLL

NanaM3

I watched a video a couple of weeks ago at church ... the same one that's been shown for several years. But this time I noticed in it a little girl disaster-survivor opening her Christmas shoebox (Operation Christmas Child) and grabbing into her arms a doll and hugging it with this huge smile of love.

m3doll.jpg

I went right home and dug into my grandmother's patterns and found this one ... I tweeked it so the doll can go anywhere in the world and won't need any special care, can be washed in a river with harsh soap ...

I'm putting this pix in with the doll and the other gifts (soaps, toiletries, hat n mittens, crayons, paper, etc) because kids like that connection and sometimes will write back.

This is all assuming that I can successfully get this doll out of the house now that my teens have seen it!

If you recall, I posted a thread about wanting suggestions on how to do the hair. Thanks to all your replies, I threaded thick craft yarn on the head in rows. Then I did the twirly hair (3 dc in one chain for varying lengths of chains) which I chained into the head so none of this will pull out easily.

The "shoes" are actually the pattern's feet remade so they will not be coming off too easily.

The dress and under slip are separate and can be removed, but again not too easily so they won't get lost.

There are no ears and no nose ... I like it that way

Will say a loving goodbye to dolly this weekend.:waving

That is a fabulous doll and you have given so much loving thought to this gift that it will be a true blessing the the little girl who receives it.

May the good Lord bless you and keep you!

OH what a BEAUTY! Can you share your pattern source? I'd SO LOVE to purchase one! Love, love, LOVE this doll, and I KNOW she will bring such amazing JOY to whomever receives her! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

the basic pattern came from Aug '98 Crochet World, page 32 (I had mis-remembered and thought the pattern was from a Work Basket). I changed the hair and shoes part and lengthened the underpants ...

let me know if you can't find this edition

Archived