New Ebay Yarn Seller!

deneen

I wanted some yarn and did a search for cotton chenille. I came upon a new seller, about 86 feedbacks, from, where else North Carolina!

Anyway, I love Melanie and Fiber Options, but these prices were too good to pass up!

Ebay Store: Rodney's Specialty Yarns

He charges actual shipping and ships immediately. I ordered it on 4/18 and it came into Parcel Post and he even included a cone of rayon chenille yarn (a little under a pound) for free!

I ordered Cotton chenille yarn-1000 ypp (like Crystal Palace) 2 lbs $6.00

Acrylic Chenille yarn-Placid 1500 ypp 1 lb 3 ounces-$2.00

Twisted boucle/chenille and gold lurex (they do it themselves) 1 lb 6 ounces $3.50

Plus I got the 15.4 ounces of Flax 900 ypp chenille for free.

With shipping the whole order was under $20.00

Check him out. These were all buy it now prices, not bidding. I am beyond thrilled to have found another yarn vendor!!

P.S. He wrote to me to let me know that he will dye any color yarn you want. He makes his own blends and space dyed yarns himself, so color combos are no problem. I asked about Canadian shipping and am waiting for him to get back to me.

th_DSC00338.jpg

th_DSC00337.jpg

Looks great! I wonder is he ships to Canada?

Andrea-

I wrote to him and asked him. He never has shipped to Canada before, and since he's a new seller, I offered to walk him through it. He said if you're patient with him figuring it out, it's no problem.

I am not even going to click on that link. NOPE! I won't. I can't. I took the pledge too. Besides, I discovered a new LYS right in my own home. It's amazing what you find when you dig in the stash piles! :rofl

I'll have to save him to my favorite sellers list - can't afford to go buying any now, but maybe after we close on the house!!

Bad. Bad, bad, bad. I made the fatal mistake of looking again this morning, saw a beautiful green that would be perfect to make into a throw for dh, and since Father's Day is coming up, it would make a nice "new house" just for him & Father's Day gift. I caved.

:blush:rolleyes:sweat:faint

:hook

Bad. Bad, bad, bad. I made the fatal mistake of looking again this morning, saw a beautiful green that would be perfect to make into a throw for dh, and since Father's Day is coming up, it would make a nice "new house" just for him & Father's Day gift. I caved.

:blush:rolleyes:sweat:faint

:hook

I had to go peek-If you had bought this as Lion Suede or Lion Thick Chenille, it would have cost you three times as much. See there, no guilt now.

I had to go peek-If you had bought this as Lion Suede or Lion Thick Chenille, it would have cost you three times as much. See there, no guilt now.

I know, just need to justify it and take it out of my grocery budget, lol (I have a fully stocked kitchen so it shan't hurt too much :P). Now I just need to finish a couple of projects so I can start working on it as soon as it gets here - less guilt if it gets used right away rather than sitting in my stash for awhile. :wink

I have no one to blame but myself, no willpower!! I'm eager to see what it's like in person - if he does custom colors, and I find I like it, that could be a lot of fun to do once we pick colors for the house. :D

I'm so proud of myself! I still haven't clicked on that link. And I ain't gonna either. I swear it's true. I'm not clicking. :yay

I clicked. :eek

Good thing I am out of town for a week... and don't want a box of yarn on my porch for a week. :)

But when I get baa aaack. :hook

do you see wha tyou are doing? she is taking money from the grocery budget for yarn!!

LOL .. its all you fault !

At least I'm not taking food out of my kids' mouths. ;) Seriously the worst that it will mean is that we eat home instead of going to McD's some night - and at least I know my cooking is healthy! LOL

I did know Elizabeth! :) I only brought it up cause I thought it was funny that I'm raiding my grocery budget to buy yarn ... lol. Shows how truly addicted I'm becoming ... it's probably a good thing that I haven't completely fallen in love with high quality yarns (too chicken to use them still ;)), can you imagine me serving them a doily for dinner? :lol

I did know Elizabeth! :) I only brought it up cause I thought it was funny that I'm raiding my grocery budget to buy yarn ... lol. Shows how truly addicted I'm becoming ... it's probably a good thing that I haven't completely fallen in love with high quality yarns (too chicken to use them still ;)), can you imagine me serving them a doily for dinner? :lol

I've been known to pick through one of Elena's piggy banks (the little one downstairs) for yarn shopping (I pay her back!)

I haven't used any real high quality yarns because I'm too afraid of not getting the pattern right and 1) Hating it 2) having to frog it with totally unfroggable yarn 3) I'm too cheap

I use some lower yarns (Caron) and maybe some mid quality yarns. I just can't justify spending that kind of money.

It's funny because I spend a ton on yarn anyway, but I guess I go more for quantity than quality.

Archived