New Ebay Yarn Seller!

deneen

Those prices are good--but what ypp or whatever-- stand for. I'm a little uneasy to buy yarn in this way. I see htat the poundage is higher (and cheaper) than in the stores...but help!

Okay, quick lesson-ypp is yards per pound. You can look at a skein from the store and figure it out by checking the weight. Let's say a yarn weighs 8 ounces and has 900 yards. That would mean the ypp is 1800 yards per pound.

The chenille ratings kinda go like this:

1500 ypp is a thin chenille, I work with this doubled up or added to another yarn

900 ypp is kinda like the Crystal Palace chenille, regular, little bulky chenille

500 ypp chenille is like Lion Thick N Quick chenille

This site should help you out Yarndex

Any other questions, let me know

:faintI have avoided this topic cuz I knew...:goodorbad just knew I'd go look. :ebay:shop

yup.....

MUST....RESIST.....YARN......SO....PRETTY......

Kari, I ordered more yarn today cause it's not May 1st yeat (Stashbusters month). I even wrote to him and asked about a certain color, which he found for me. I told him I was going to be away and just to mail it later next week or the week after, no rush. He wrote me back it was no problem and he found something else he thought I would like and threw it in for free. My first order came with almost two free pounds of nice chenille. He's such a nice guy and a new eBayer, so I'm striking while the prices are low.

Deneen, he really does seem soooo nice! I placed a second order with him and he has been doing everything he can to cut shipping costs for me. I still haven't received my first order (expect it today) but he emailed me late last night telling me he thinks he overcharged me on shipping and to let him know and he'd refund the difference ... I can't imagine how, he has very reasonable rates.

Very nice guy. Once we actually order our new sleeper sofa I want to see if he can match the swatch for me, since we'll be decorating the den around it.

Archived