Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished up another Christmas RR this morning. Just hide the tails as I did all the crocheting on Saturday and Sunday. Now I'm working on the quilt ghan for my neighbor. Mr. Rooster has been in the planning stages for a while and I've been crocheting lots of the squares for it. Just finally started sewing the squares together. I might even manage to get it done on time. The other quilt ghan won't. Only so many hours between now and then and it is BIG.

DCP_1262.jpgDCP_1261.jpg

Morning Ladies,

Haven't had time to catch up on all the posts. However, all the pictures look great. I've been ill and had to return to work for 3 days. I also have a new assignment. I'm moving to a store in Cumming. I officially started the remainder of my vacation on yesterday. I do not have to return to work until Monday. I'm still not feeling my best. I was going to do some housekeeping and then crochet. My ear aching so I'm going to take some medicine and lay down for a while, then I'll do some housekeeping and crochet until bed time. I do plan to finish all WIPs before returning to work on Monday. I'm also looking for a new "ME" project. As soon as I decide, I'll let you guys know. My niece claimed the blue "ME" X Marks the square ghan.

I'll check back in with you ladies later. Have a great afternoon.

linda thats so awsome

my latest news:

i purchased 24 new skeins of yarn

2 pumkin from RHSS

4 in 4colors (soft sage, sky blue, violet, and rose) from caron one pound

18 from caron brites, 6 colors, 3skeins each (water melon, lemonade, mango, grape, lime, bluemint)

i still don`t know what to do with the RHSS and the brites :rofl

any help pleaaaaaaase :D ????

Linda T. ~i love the quilt ghan! My dh would love the rooster :) The dog is also a cutie.

I got my messenger bag done finally! I just need to put the lining in. I impressed myself. I really love it. Hope to get a pic on here soon.

Wendy and Linda, gorgeous RR's and that rooster is looking sharp!!!

Now that I am finished with my raok's, christmas stuff, gifts and charities for a while, I have started a purse for me. I am using a pattern that was posted here on Cville.

Pattern for cable purse with bangle handles. But as usual, I have to play with it a little and have decided on one that is shorter and wider with a bamboo look D handle. I also am doing the cable as a double thickness. (working the fpdc with 2 stitches in one, like making a decrease). It makes the cable stand out more. I am using Bernat Super Saver in Navy Blue. I did 4 1/2 inches this morning.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your compliments.

Linda your pink ripple is beautiful and I really like Mr Rooster. How big is he going to be.

Brenda well done on finishing the messenger bag, cant wait to see it.

Athba wow you have heaps of yarn there. Im using my brites in a round ripple with the zebra yarn i have. You can make anything with your brites, ripples will look good or one of Cara's quilt patterns maybe.

Valerie hope your feeling better soon and get to enjoy your holiday.

Athba - the Caron brights would be wonderful for a baby blanket - so soft and the bright colors are wonderful (and nicely different from the "usual" pastels and baby colors that are traditionally used for baby items) :yes

Does anyone else keep starting new things for others? I keep seeing yarn and patterns and think "Oh, this will be great for xxxxx, I need to make it for Xmas!"... my "ME" project keeps getting pushed off further and further!

Actually I am the opposite and this CAL has made me selfish :lol Now when I see patterns all I think of is ME ME ME :devil

AN example: I found that fluffy yarn on for a great price after Thanksgiving and I made five scarves - one for my Mom, one for my SIL and three for me :lol With the rest of the yarn I am making a 2SUB using white and alternating fluffy stuff - it is also for ME (but will be for the guest room so that guests can use it :D ) Perhaps I am hopeless :think:blush

Wendy and Linda T, your RR's are really beautiful. Linda, the rooster quilt is looking really good too.

Athba, are you all settled into your new home?

No work on the Me project for me for the past week or so. Only 7 more rows on the lapghan and then I can work on it again.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. It's so nice to have a place where I can show off my stuff and have them appreciated. I haven't had much of that before. Mr. Rooster is 18 blocks wide and 23 blocks high. My squares are about 3 inches so that works out to about 55" by 70". Just finished crocheting some dark green squares and hiding all the tails for the next block, which I'll start sewing tonight. Have a great day, Y'all.:)

Karen, I think that's terrific that you're thinking more about ME projects!!! I'm bringing some with me on our trip next week...just some pretty yarn I want to play with! I could work with my pretty wool my SP sent me and start that bag finally! Might also make a scarf...squares...whatever!

I WILL be bringing my test project, though, too...need to keep at it, esp since I frogged 2 rows, all because I wasn't paying close attention:P

Karen - I think it's wonderful that you're enjoying your ME projects. I'm having a heck of a time concentrating on what everyone else wants though because I keep seeing the nifty things I wanna make me :lol

Shelly, oh Shelly! My wonderful little sister offered up the recipes for her annual yummy baskets that she gives everyone (I swear that's my favorite gift every year :yes) just to help replace some of your recipes. I put them up on my site so you can find 'em easier. Here's you a handy dandy link :D

I'll see you gals tomorrow - briefly. Another busy day (FIL), but Phil has the day off so he'll come with me:manyheart

I also finally finished Phil's scarf...so I'll have a picture to post this week!!

Busy day here too, Judy. I MUST get to the post office, need to return a library book, then family forum meeting at 2pm up at Tims. Not sure but I probably have to take the stepson to Shrewsbury again at 6...gee; it hurts so much to kill time in Joanns and AC Moore.

Kathy, have a good one tomorrow...I'm killing time on the 'puter to make sure my old Susie is done pooping all over the yard. At least it's so cold it'll be poopsicles in the morning when I go to scoop it up and I won't have to worry about stepping into, well...I won't get graphic here:P

I know what you mean, Judy. We were told not to be so quick to clean up when SarahJane does it outside, so she'll find the place again and get the scent reinforcement. Guess it was too cold tonight, she did them in the house instead, darn it.

Archived