Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Valerie - Sure hope you can get back to your vacation and the second half goes better than the first :hug

Shay - Ummm, well, technically I'm not doing a ME project at all right now. I've finished two so far though. I just keep talking about propective ME projects so I can keep hanging out here with y'all :blush

Cara, I'm doing the same thing as you. I have 3 RR's left to finish for Christmas presents and just don't have time to work on my ME project right now. But I do occasionally make a dishcloth for ME (and since I am the only one that does dishes, it is technically mine) :lol:lol

That is how I can keep hanging around with everyone here :lashes

Your secret is safe with me ;)

Cheeria, I use a size P hook with RHSS yarn. I do 2 rows solid alternating with 2 rows of blended and a total of 26 rows. Takes about 8 skeins of yarn for most of mine and most of them use 4 colors. Here is a link to view the ones I've done: http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p280/busy-bee-lmt/RoundRipples/

Linda wow your RR are all beautiful, I loved them all. Thanks for answering one of my questions. Hugs :hug

Cheeria, sorry if I'm being redundant, but the RR Linda, myself and many others make is with 2 strands of yarn and the P hook...though it will be interesting seeing Linda's newest: a 3 strand effort!

The RR does seem to go fast.

What main colors will you be using?

Judy thanks for I did not even realized that I will be using 2 strands of yarn to make a RR. I have not decided on the color yet. Once again thank you. Do anyone know what is DK weight yarn?????????????????? :eek

Shaylen, I used Red Heart Super Saver yarn and a size P hook. 2 Skeins each of Royal Blue, Delft Blue, Lavender, and Soft Navy Blue. 2 and 1/2 Skeins of Amethyst. 33 rows total. Color sequence (2 strands of yarn/row): 2 rows Amethyst, 2 rows Amethyst with Lavender, 2 rows Lavender, 2 rows Lavender with Delft Blue, 2 rows Delft Blue, 2 rows Delft Blue with Royal Blue, 3 rows Royal Blue, reverse color scheme ending with 3 rows Amethyst, 3 rows Amethyst with Soft Navy Blue and 2 rows of Soft Navy.:hook

Started a sorta ME project tonight, a sweater for SarahJane. Well, she's MY dog, even if she loves grandma more and she's shivering outside now that I had her shaved cause of the matted knots. Guess it is kind cold to be outside nude.

Kathy - that poor pup! Clothe her soon, please:blush

Annies Attic free pattern of the day has a cotton rug...for those looking for a ME project;)

And I saved it in Word if you miss it...

Hi gang

Just curious :

What is your all-time favorite Christmas cookie that you make every year ?

Mine are sugar cookies with frosting and sprinkles .

and I like Russian Teacakes ( which Sam calls DIRTBALLS, since he doesn't like them and thinks they are as dry as a mouthful of dirt . )

Comment like that ,and he may just get to SAMPLE a mouthful of dirt one of these days .:angry

Hi gang

Just curious :

Good morning, my friend:hug

A Polish fried cookie: kruschiki - but my mother's recipe. So much tastier than the store-bought, which taste like cardboard in comparison!

I don't know if these count as a cookie, but we had them every Christmas when I was growing up and for a long time after that. I haven't made them in a while, but your question brought them to mind. Mom called them Schnitzels and got the recipe from an old German lady. They are a date filled pastry which is frosted and topped with chopped nuts.

So Judy

Are these like a pastry-type crust, you know , the flakey type or what ? Frosting , sugar, nuts ?

Remember I'm from Hicksville . The most exotic cookie recipe we know about is probably a coconut macaroon .

The dough is the consistency of bread dough. I roll out the chilled dought pretty thin, cut into diamond shapes with a slit in the middle, make a sort of ribbon, and fry in deep fat fryer. My mom used a frying pan - tried that at first and UGH... When drained, dust with powdered sugar, and YUMMO! I didn;t make them last year - lazy - but with DS's Polish GF in the mix I really have to do them this year:)

What makes them rich is the sweetened condensed milk, eggs, sugar and almond extract!

Hi gang

Just curious :

Your Russian things sound like Mexican Wedding Cakes - another mouthful of flour (:yuck) DH LOVES kruschiki, Judy. We have a lot of polish in this area, so they know how to make them.

MY favorite are butterhorns. They're like a sweet croissant rolled flat, then this almond filling spread on it. It's then rolled up into a croissant-shape, baked and then drizzled with icing. Decadent!

I don't bake cookies for Christmas (or any other time for that matter) We occasionally buy some but not very often. Hubby used to buy stuff like that and keep it in his locker at work (outta sight outta mind for me :lol ) I'm trying to watch my figure you know - watching it expand lately I'm afraid... :sigh

every year my sister and her kids and my girls, grandgirls and I get together and make sugar cookies... except our recipe uses only brown sugar and are rolled thick so they stay soft... we then have an enjoyable afternnon frosting them... we make a couple hundred at a time... then we divide them up between us, my Mom, the church etc... we did this last week end and the batch we brought home are gone... all but the 2 for Santa that are in the fridge... my girls favorite cookies are chocolate no-bake cookies...

I'm trying to watch my figure you know - watching it expand lately I'm afraid... :sigh

Yep, me too... :yes:blush

I haven't seen Cara in here today. Wonder what's up with her?

I'm wrestling this graphghan. Judy's given me some wonderful pointers on the letters (I can't work backwards with the right side facing me, Julie - I have to work back-to-front with the wrong side facing me, but it's the same principle).

I'm not sure I'll like it, though - I might wind up just hand stitching it instead.

Kathy - that poor pup! Clothe her soon, please:blush

Annies Attic free pattern of the day has a cotton rug...for those looking for a ME project;)

And I saved it in Word if you miss it...

I saw it and saved it too. It looked like it would be a nice rug.

Hi gang

Just curious :

Mine are sugar cookies with frosting and sprinkles .

and I like Russian Teacakes ( which Sam calls DIRTBALLS, since he doesn't like them and thinks they are as dry as a mouthful of dirt . )

Comment like that ,and he may just get to SAMPLE a mouthful of dirt one of these days .:angry

I don't think I've ever tried your russian type of cookies. My favorite aren't cookies at all but I love them for the holidays. They are peanutbutter balls. mmm mmmm For cookies I usually stick with the plain chocolate chip and sugar cookies.

Krystal

I am hoping your comment about the graph ghan was meant for Judy and not me, because I've never done one in my life ,so wouldnt be a blooming bit of help .:lol

Donna- the teacakes are very simple-- mainly like pecan sandies,only rolled in powdered sugar .

Archived