Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning/afternoon/evening, all. I did it! I started my whatever RR last night. I'm using 3 strands instead of 2 on this one. It's going to be heavy, which is fine, since I'm always cold. I'm not really blending this one, at least not the way the others have been. However, so far, none of the skeins of yarn match in color, weight or brand so that must qualify as blending of a sort. The yarn is all 4-ply and acrylic of one sort or another so it can be washed without shrinking. The first three colors were all in the beige family (one variegated, one with an occasional color fleck, and one wrapped with a multi golored thread) and now I have a light yellow, a light green, and a variegated blue. I'm just crocheting until I run out of a color and then adding on something else. I'm really liking the affect that I'm getting by having one strand a variegated color. This thing could end up being very pretty by accident. :lol :lol :lol

For those of you not on the other CALs I'm in, here's a picture of the blended RR I just finished for my DD for Christmas. It is hanging over the edges of a queen-sized bed. Trouble is our miniature schnauzer, who you will see in most of my pictures. She's a real photo-hound.

DCP_1251.jpg

Linda, that is a really beautiful round ripple. Your DD will love it!

I'm working away at the ripple lapghan. I hope to finish it by next week Wednesday to add to he nursing home donation pile at church. This thing seems to be moving along pretty slowly, though. Things like cleaning, and laundry keep interrupting my crochet time.

Yes, 12 o'clock now, almost lunchtime. :) Have to wait about another half an hour to eat anything, though. I did have breakfast, but I am always more hungry when I do that. :blush

How far behind us are you?

It's 8:30 AM now here in New Jersey.

I commented on the VG Cal....you are a master at these RRs, Linda. I like the sound of how your 3 strand is going, too. You're right: it just may turn out to be beautiful too!

Good morning ladies :flower

Linda - Somehow I get the feeling even just slapping on new colors your RR is gonna be a stunner! You've definitely got the knack for them. And Trouble appreciates each and every photo op :D

Judy - Hooray for Phil coming home today! :yay You're better than me too. I keep putting off cleaning my room. At least that way I can shove more yarn in there because BDs afraid to go in there :lol Of course, it might be time to stop for a while because the overflow is all over the bed in the guest room :blush

Doh :oops !! I forgot about the Grinch last night. First I miss Charlie Brown then I miss the Grinch! I really should start watching TV again. It's just so boring the rest of the year and it's always reruns.

Anyway, I'm already rambling. Time to get busy.

Have a great day y'all :manyheart

Linda Your RR is beautiful. My mini schnauzer SarahJane is a photo hound too! I wonder if it's genetic to the breed?

Judy, you have LOTS of space to store yarn. The freezer, the guestroom, the shower...I mean come on, who needs a shower when a birdbath will do ya in winter. Attic, garage, Phil won't mind leaving his car out this winter....speaking of cars, in the trunk and back seat for safety. Adds weight for traction and if you get stranded in the snow you won't freeze with all that yarn to keep you warm.

Linda Your RR is beautiful. My mini schnauzer SarahJane is a photo hound too! I wonder if it's genetic to the breed?

Judy, you have LOTS of space to store yarn. The freezer, the guestroom, the shower...I mean come on, who needs a shower when a birdbath will do ya in winter. Attic, garage, Phil won't mind leaving his car out this winter....speaking of cars, in the trunk and back seat for safety. Adds weight for traction and if you get stranded in the snow you won't freeze with all that yarn to keep you warm.

:rofl

:rofl Plus - another safety feature for the car - the yarn could act as a cushion in the event of an accident (heaven forbid there ever is an accident!)

What great ways to explain away any stash I might have stored in my car! You gals are a hoot!

And Phil got in early - not a second of crochet time at the airport!:lol

Afternoon Ladies,

Linda, your RR is beautiful. I've been idle. Haven't felt like doing any hooking. Earache is giving me fits. I have to go in to work Friday & Saturday because there is no one to cover. I'll resume vacation on Sunday thru Thursday. Going back to lie down. I'll check back in later.

:manyheart afternoon everyone, my ripple seem to be going very slowly that is what happens when I work on a big project. I am thinking about trying my hands on a RR. I hear they go fast and in between I will work on my ripple ghan which will be a WIP. Herrschners is having a sale on what they call designer yarn I have been coming across yarn that say DK yarn. Can someone please tell me what DK mean thank you. Another question when making a RR should I have a varigated yarn to mix in with a solid and what size hook do I need? Sorry for all the question. Hugs to you all :hug

Cheeria, I use a size P hook with RHSS yarn. I do 2 rows solid alternating with 2 rows of blended and a total of 26 rows. Takes about 8 skeins of yarn for most of mine and most of them use 4 colors. Here is a link to view the ones I've done: http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p280/busy-bee-lmt/RoundRipples/

Hi Guys,

Had to pick up my gn from day care. I also have to go to work for the next 2 days. No one to open the store. I've taken 6 of my 11 days and I'll resume taking the remaining 5 on Sunday. Have a great evening and I'll check back in on tomorrow. Thanks for your concern.:manyheart

I did NOT make it to the LYS before they closed. I thought they were open until 6 & they were only open until 4. We had to cash Hubbies check & couldn't do that until 3:30 & we have to go into Huson which is 20 minutes from us. GRRR!!! I'll have to pick it up tomorrow.

Cheeria, sorry if I'm being redundant, but the RR Linda, myself and many others make is with 2 strands of yarn and the P hook...though it will be interesting seeing Linda's newest: a 3 strand effort!

The RR does seem to go fast.

What main colors will you be using?

Tabby....I would have been VERY upset at finding the yarnstore closed!

Sorry, hon:hug

Valerie

I hope your earache gets better soon..i hate them.

Tabby

I hope you can get your yarn tomorrow....what a pain you have had with it.

Linda

I am totally in love with your newest RR(the purples)I may have to do one of those,can you tell me what colors you used and the order.

Cara

What are you doing now??I think i missed that somewhere.

I did good today,i got six rows done on my"wave" afghan :cheerHope i can have photos tomorrow.

Valerie - Sure hope you can get back to your vacation and the second half goes better than the first :hug

Shay - Ummm, well, technically I'm not doing a ME project at all right now. I've finished two so far though. I just keep talking about propective ME projects so I can keep hanging out here with y'all :blush

Archived