Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mel, the Zebra RR looks really good.

Wendy, I really like that granny ripple, and I never thought I liked ripples. Now I'm seeing all these really awesome ripples, and I think its because of the color choices. My grandma always made ripple afghans out of her leftover yarn, so they were interesting, to say the least.

I'm having issues with the sleeves for my cardigan. I just can't seem to get them the right size. At least I'm making notes, so when I finally figure it out, I won't have to work so hard on the other sleeve.

Mel, so glad you are holding things down. I just saw the zebra RR, very nice. Like that zebra yarn but haven't seen it in store yet.

OOOO, a granny ripple, that is new to me. First one I ever saw, is it hard? Maybe it is a ripple I can't mess up, :lol.

Been on phone with family up north and in NY most of the day, coordinating Thanksgiving stuff. Hope all have a good weekend, I'll be busy cleaning.

This morning I was looking for some black yarn and came across a bag of RHSS Zebra yarn I forgot I had :eek

So I decided to make my son or grandson a RR. I'm not sure which one will get this one.

th_ChristmasZebra1a.jpg

clickable

Oooh, I like that! DD and I thought the hot pink would look good with the zebra, too. Or that lime green.. very cool! (But both more for a girl, I think!)

I need an address book, and if you're not in the Card Club, I need your addresses too, please ladies. Just PM me or email them if the box is full.

Seems I've started something here....

Oooh, I like that! DD and I thought the hot pink would look good with the zebra, too. Or that lime green.. very cool! (But both more for a girl, I think!)

Seems I've started something here....

I was thinking hot pink for my DS's girlfriend. But I can't start anymore till I get a few of these done.

I just got an address book from a friend....I think it will be for my online buddies. You all can PM or Email me your address. You never know when I may want to send one of you a goodie or two :D

Tabby sorry to hear you didnt get to the yarn shop. I think you need a few hugs.:hug:hug

Thanks Wendy, earlier I needed a whole lot more then a hug. I know it's "just yarn" to the people in my house but to me it was the fact that they just don't care about anything unless they're getting something out of it. Somedays I just feel like i'm being growned in testosterone. :eek

Oh, but they all wanted me to go to the grocery store. If it wasn't against the law to starve your kids I wouldn't of went. :no:P

This morning I was looking for some black yarn and came across a bag of RHSS Zebra yarn I forgot I had :eek

So I decided to make my son or grandson a RR. I'm not sure which one will get this one.

th_ChristmasZebra1a.jpg

clickable

Mel~Awesome job! :cheerI love black, white & red together. :clap

I think either would be cool. I really think the lime green would really be awesome with it. :yes

Aww my poor Tabby :hug :hug :hug Which blue in the Vanna's was it? I have almost an entire skein except for a few feet of the Dusky Blue left. Was that the one or was it the lighter one? If it's the Dusky Blue I'll send you the rest of this skein tomorrow :yes

OK Ladies..you all are a bad influence on me :lol:lol

I said I wouldn't start any more RR's until I got some done, but all the talk about hot pink and/or lime green with the zebra got to me. I have some lime green and hot pink (the lime green was handy so that is what I grabbed), so I just worked up 9 rows of a RR.

The flash washed it out a little, but you can get a pretty good idea what it will look like. I really like it :yes

th_TestLimeZebra1.jpg

clickable

Wendy, your granny ripple is stunning. I love the colour combination.

I thought I had posted my progress on my Wave and for a minute there thought I was going senile. I did find it .... in another thread. How did I manage that?

So I will post again in this thread. I am almost there ... another 23 rows or so.

Wendy, no I did not plan the colour combination. I just add the next one that seems to look OK.

2753357060058018460GDwfEB_th.jpg

OK Ladies..you all are a bad influence on me :lol:lol

I said I wouldn't start any more RR's until I got some done, but all the talk about hot pink and/or lime green with the zebra got to me. I have some lime green and hot pink (the lime green was handy so that is what I grabbed), so I just worked up 9 rows of a RR.

The flash washed it out a little, but you can get a pretty good idea what it will look like. I really like it :yes

th_TestLimeZebra1.jpg

clickable

How in the world did you do that so fast!?! :lol It looks great! :clap

Wendy, I love making RR's. They work up fast, don't take a huge amount of yarn, any color combo works, you can make them as big or small as you want and it is an easy pattern. I've made ghans, rugs, doilies, potholders and hot pads with the pattern. Very versatile pattern.

I'm off to my Saturday meeting then a long day dealing with customers.

Have a great Saturday everyone!!

:yay I have finished my chenille bag ~ and it's made in one piece with no seams! :yay I am absolutely, positively keeping this bag for myself. This little sweetie has gone beyond all my expectations of "just a little something." I was going to make a small tie after I finished the flap, but I changed my mind. Instead a small loop is at the front point of the flap, and I'm going through my gemstones to find a smooth stone to use as a button. If I don't find anything I like, I'll string up a small cluster of gemstone beads. This has come out so pretty. It's in Paris Prints, a mix of dark purples, and a dark blue that's almost a turquoise.

Judy ~ I have many Tarot decks, but this particular one is Tarot of the Cloisters. It's a round deck and each card looks like a stained glass window. I have never seen a deck this beautiful. They are out of print, so I decided to keep them for personal use only ~ for friends or family. The little bag I just made is perfect padding for them. If you'd like, I could make a bag for your deck ~ just measure across the cards, then the depth. I have tons of chenille in 4 colors: Paris Prints, dark purple, dark red, and black. It would not be an imposition for me to make this for you. I wouldn't offer if I thought that.

Mel ~ The soda people say you should drink is warm ginger ale. I don't know why it should be warm.

Carol ~ I know what you mean about citrus drinks. I can rarely have them, but I found apricot nectar to be agreeable. I buy it in great big cans. It's delicious.

Well, I've got to get off to bed. It's almost dawn. And it's something like 28 degrees here. We had little pellets of snow on and off during the night. That's not normal for this area. We usually have the big, fat, wet flakes that are so beautiful.

Joyce :hook

Good morning. My connection to the internet was acting up last night, so I've had to do catch up reading this morning.

Mel, both your RRs are very nice. I thing the lime green is my favorite.

Ines, that is an absolutely gorgeous ripple! Love the way the colors have come out on it.

Wendy, yours is pretty, too.

I love seeing all the different projects here. Gives me so many ideas. :lol

I've got an address book that I carry in my purse, too. And, of course, my Crochetville friends are in it. At least those whom I have addresses for. :lol

Archived